🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim

mandad76

Jun 26, 2008
BAYTOWN, TEXAS
Detector(s) used
SPECTRA V3i/BHID 300
It will definately be hotter'n Hades here in August - but I would still bring the 'tector....lake-beach-totlot...somethin'. Good luck and have fun.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
It sure will be a killer in August. I would still bring my detector just in case I find a place to hunt. Galveston isn't very far away. Have some beach hunting there. At least the ground will be soft. Here in my area it as hard as concrete. Good Luck...Have a safe trip.

goverton

Oct 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to hunt land in Texas this time of year....

1. start at 530 am
2. take plenty of water
3. don't forget a shovel
4. wear a hat
5. 'squiter repelant
6. snake kit (for those shady tree spots)
7. walking stick
8. Quit about 11 am

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Watch out for the county parks in Harris county. I hear they are off limits to detectors.

OP
OP
cntrydncr1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Thanks for all the help! I think I'm going to forgo the detecting this trip..

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
When you get on your way, if you travel I-10 toward Houston you will cross over the Trinity River where they are building new bridges, and then you will cross another flat bridge. The first sign will be Lost River, and the one on the west side will be Old River. That where I live, and got my name from. About three to four miles north of I-10. Wave when you come by, and blow you horn. Have a safe trip....

urbanminer

May 21, 2007
Heart of Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre,Cutlass, Vaquero
Whites and B Hunter LandStar
A big HOWDY to you and your son. :hello:

He will love UNT....and for your MD in the area, you are 30 min from the whole north end of Lake Lewisville. Pull up Denton, Tx. on google maps and you will see the lake just to the east. I think you might enjoy the area.

Do remember to start early, sunscreen everything, wear a hat, carry water. I always put a liter bottle in the freezer the night before, loosen the top, and sip on it as it melts. That way I don't drink too much at once, and measure my time md by the melt rate.(otherwise I tend to lose time in the hunt regardless of the conditions. )

I hope you do give it a try.

Kathi

OP
OP
cntrydncr1

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
thanks Kathi; my son is a music performance major so I know he is in the right place!! That sounds like a good place to try! Any restrictions/permits??
Debby

urbanminer

May 21, 2007
Heart of Texas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre,Cutlass, Vaquero
Whites and B Hunter LandStar
UNT is the best place for a degree in music. World famous 1:00 Jazz Band. Much luck to him.
The only restrictions that I am aware of, and been called on, is in the State Parks. The SP is well marked and has an entrance or gate. No chance of accidentally wondering on to it. You should have no problems any where else as long as it is not private property.

Kathi

baylorhall

Nov 17, 2008
North Texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are going to hunt Lake Lewisville, it is a Corps of Engineers lake and you need a permit from their office on the south side of the lake in Lewisville. It is free. Do you have a water detector? There are limitations as to how far from the water's edge you can detect on land and what kind of digging tool you can use. They also make you sign a paper that says you will turn in anything worth $25 or more......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread