Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had to go up to trim grass on my NC mountain lot yesterday. The three Amigo's (Ridley, my brother, and I) headed up early morning and knocked the trimming out fairly quickly. It's amazing how the swinging technique of metal detecting also applies to weed eaters. ;D I was actually suprised that Ridley didn't find buried treasure with the weed eater as lucky as he is. ;) Ridley is pictured in action with his trimmer.
After the work, we detected briefly at a canoe launch / camp site. Then off to an old park in town where Ridley found his Merc dime and other items. (See his post) That was his pay for helping me trim. ;D
Myself, I just found clad, a 1946 wheat, an old buckle, and a jewelry piece.
We will be heading back to that old park again sometime soon, as we were digging up other old pieces there: horseshoes, old glass, etc.
We also found a few more hunting spots while we were there. Those adventures will be fall/winter hunts though.
The other picture attached is of my older brother and I. I'm the one WITH hair. ;D
Thanks for looking.
-MM-

Attachments

• MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 373
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 360
  • MVC-001S.JPG
    MVC-001S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 366
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    35.7 KB · Views: 361
Upvote 0

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good stuff. I found a merc last week ,it took me two hours of hard high grass swinging and about 7 ticks but it was worth it.

Trash Digger

Dec 15, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Ahhhh, to have a place in the mountains. I try to get over there a couple of times a year. If you haven't tried it yet get over to Spruce Pines or Franklin county and try some gem hunting. My wife and I have found some nice gemstones over the past seven years that we have been going.

Mike

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
You're a liar, Ridley is some red-headed five year old kid.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trash Digger said:
Ahhhh, to have a place in the mountains. I try to get over there a couple of times a year. If you haven't tried it yet get over to Spruce Pines or Franklin county and try some gem hunting. My wife and I have found some nice gemstones over the past seven years that we have been going.

Mike

Mike,
My family and I have been to Spuce Pines to gem hunt. Loved it. Also have done some gold panning too at different NC spots. I love the NC mountains. Hoping to move there in about 5 years.
-MM-

gold fish said:
You're a liar, Ridley is some red-headed five year old kid.

Gold Fish,
Too funny. ;D Actually, the red haired boy is Rid-let. He's a great kid and LOVES toy cars.
-MM-

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan
Ridley looks like he is king of the mountain in that photo. :D

Great post and photos, thanks for sharing your adventure...enjoyed!

Smiles!
BDoo

R

RUDY2003

Thats a day well spent.... Good pics....
Keep safe...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread