Willie Doughits Bandit Priest Treasure Caballo Mountains

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok, love all this history stuff. Makes me realize how misinformed i was thru 16 years of "education".
Learning all this just might be more valuable than a cave full of gold bars. hmmmmmm, maybe not.
Anyway back to the main topic:

WHO BELIEVES THAT THERE IS STILL A CAVE OUT THERE SOMEWHERE WITH GOLD BARS IN IT THAT WILLIE (OR THE GUYS WITH THE 10 TRUCKS, OR THE GOVT) DID NOT GET????
Lets take a vote: "yes" means you believe it still exists, "no" means you believe it never existed or is empty now.

I will vote "yes". And I am leaving in 17 days to go find it:) And I think I know right where it is. (bet you never heard anyone say that before eh?)

wr

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nobody,

YOU are the one that brought Willie Douthit into the conversation. Not me. I just explained why I am more believing of his story than yours. A couple of reasons that I won't/can't explain, and a couple that I DID explain. SIMPLE

Reading Is Fundamental Nobody! I stated in my post that "I AM 100% CONVINCED...". I did not ever say "there is". I simply said that I AM CONVINCED. I have seen all the evidence I NEED to convince ME. SIMPLE!

What you said about the military just shows a profound lack of knowledge about the military. A person chooses any school or training they wish to attend. When a real world situation is being discussed, in units I was assigned to, when an operation is being planned, input is taken from each specialty (Infantry, Communications, Intelligence, Supply and Control,etc, etc, etc). Very few people are just told what to do.

I defend Kenworthy, not because of anything he said or put in his books. I defend Kenworthy for the simple reason that the information in his books is (for the most part) been proven accurate in the field on several occasions (even by me as I have posted previously).

I have also defended the known stories in some cases, because the only thing to oppose them is supposition and guesswork. I have rarely swallowed the Kool-Aide on a treasure story. There are some parts that ring true sometimes, and sometimes things sound like BS. Look at things from a simple perspective: Willie tells someone that he found a cave with a bunch of gold bars in it. Willie was wealthy when he died. No real source of his wealth was ever known. I tend to believe Willie/Larry's Story. And by that, I believe the basic premise that Willie/Larry had a cave of gold bars. I know for a fact that he told a bunch of different stories about where he got his map. It is likely that he murdered Jack Reynolds to get the map he had. You stated that Reynolds was from Texas, but you are wrong. In an interview with Margaret Perrone (the only living person at the time that knew the boy), she stated that he hitch hiked to Hot Springs from his home in Tennessee, due to his Tuberculosis. So, instead of telling me how poor my research is, you might want to check your own facts first.

More than likely, this is our Jack Reynolds:

View attachment 1210483

Born in 1911, and still there is 1920. Margaret Perrone says he hitch hiked to TorC in 1925 with TB.

Mike
Mike,:coffee2:does It matter that at the time Margaret Perrone was giving an interview with someone that was writing a book,and if you believe what she said about willie and the boy, do you also believe what she said about going with Doc several times to the cave or crack between what she called the rabbit ears were the dead padre was located with all the gold bars,which she said the rabbit ears were located above what her and Doc called the train station on the 34th parallel ,just wondering what you think about that? thanks.np:cat:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mike,:coffee2:does It matter that at the time Margaret Perrone was giving an interview with someone that was writing a book,and if you believe what she said about willie and the boy, do you also believe what she said about going with Doc several times to the cave or crack between what she called the rabbit ears were the dead padre was located with all the gold bars,which she said the rabbit ears were located above what her and Doc called the train station on the 34th parallel ,just wondering what you think about that? thanks.np:cat:

NP:
the 34th parallel is at the south edge of Socorro???? way north of the caballo mountains. are you sure she said 34th parallel??
or did she mean something other than 34 degrees lattitude? something sailors use perhaps???
thanks
wr

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP:
the 34th parallel is at the south edge of Socorro???? way north of the caballo mountains. are you sure she said 34th parallel??
or did she mean something other than 34 degrees lattitude? something sailors use perhaps???
thanks
wr
:coffee2:all of my records are boxed up in storage,no not for sure on the numbers,???but am absolutely sure about the rabbit ears and the train station,the train station could be a rock formation or just what it implies ,np:cat:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP,

The interview I am quoting from was not a book. It was from a two page article by "Apache Jim". Nothing in it about Rabbit Ears or Doc Noss. Just about her and Jack Reynolds, Willie/Buster and the two different caves. Margaret Perrone believed that Willie/Buster/Bobby Jr, and Palmer murdered Reynolds for the gold in the stash cave. She didn't believe Willie ever found the real treasure cave.

Mike

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP,

The interview I am quoting from was not a book. It was from a two page article by "Apache Jim". Nothing in it about Rabbit Ears or Doc Noss. Just about her and Jack Reynolds, Willie/Buster and the two different caves. Margaret Perrone believed that Willie/Buster/Bobby Jr, and Palmer murdered Reynolds for the gold in the stash cave. She didn't believe Willie ever found the real treasure cave.

Mike[/QUOTEMike:coffee2:there were several interviews done with her by different people in the day,her life was no secret,she was even confronted by Ova over Doc. Margaret Perrone also had money when she died.also willie was supposedly seen in the early 1990's on the top of the caballo's near the towers on the apache trail coming from the south.np:cat:

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
NP,

Mike[/QUOTEMike:coffee2:there were several interviews done with her by different people in the day,her life was no secret,she was even confronted by Ova over Doc. Margaret Perrone also had money when she died.also willie was supposedly seen in the early 1990's on the top of the caballo's near the towers on the apache trail coming from the south.np:cat:

NP: I keep hearing about this "apache trail". Where is this trail exactly? Does it decend into J canyon? How does one find the apache trail?
thanks
wr

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whiskeyrat:coffee2:The easiest way to get to it fast and without getting lost, on top of the caballo's is a bunch of towers,take the road up to them, and when you get on the other side theres a road that goes down hill for maybe 50 yards on the south side of the towers that goes to a flat area were you can park.theres a rock wall to the west just go over the wall walk about 30 yards and you will be on it.np:cat:P.S. theres also an old car or truck at the flat area,

Last edited:

jimmyvegas

Sep 19, 2004
Las Vegas
Did anyone notice the heart in this pic, definitely Spanish. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1442719132.836350.jpg

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I dont think Margaret Perrone had any real money when she died, just some property, her stepson Charles ''Sonny'' Harris jr was the executor of her will and he resumed
his life as a meat cutter in clovis after her death, also in the late 60's she ran over a boy on a motorcycle and he was never the same, the court ruled in his favor and
put a judgement against her for $5000 he and his father were claimants at her probate trying to get the unpaid money.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
whiskeyrat:coffee2:The easiest way to get to it fast and without getting lost, on top of the caballo's is a bunch of towers,take the road up to them, and when you get on the other side theres a road that goes down hill for maybe 50 yards on the south side of the towers that goes to a flat area were you can park.theres a rock wall to the west just go over the wall walk about 30 yards and you will be on it.np:cat:P.S. theres also an old car or truck at the flat area,

Its an old truck. not worth hauling out and restoring, but cool non the less.
has a cable attached to it, like someone did try to recover it when it rolled down the hill.

10-2 and 10-3 2015 caballos 032.jpg

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Getting to that road is not that easy

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
the "road" from the towers down to the truck the over to angles landing is pretty much gone from lack of use. you can barely even see where it was.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got a GPS coordinates for me, i may go look

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks. Lots of rain will have to hold off a few days.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
NP,

Mike
So, i am doing a little reading of "back issues here". I never picked up on this before.
This would indicate that Perrone thought all the Willy, Buster stuff (and then the 2 couples from Missouri) was all over just the "stash cave" that apparently Jack Reynolds loaded up with bars from the real "treasure cave".
This would infer that nobody but Jack Reynolds and Margarette Perrone knew where the real treasure cave was. Very interesting.
So Jack moved a bunch of bars to the "Smoke Hole" which everyone knew/knows where that is/was. And Willie, Buster, The Palmer Bros, Doc Noss, and the Lourious and Herbergers SP? were all involved in that location by the Hackberry Grove.
wr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread