UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, for one, local newspapers were using all those variations of the story to sell newspapers. We tend to forget that people use treasure tales to make money that have nothing to do with accuracy or getting facts straight. I even learned one of my favorite treasure tale authors published stories at the behest of local chamber of commerce offices to try to build up tourism. And never mind the misdirection included by the original teller of the story to keep their locations secret, or the smokescreens they put out there to obscure the truth. When it comes to treasure tales, no sane person is motivated to give all their secrets away. And as I've already pointed out, mental illness, alcoholism, and other related issues also play a part. Some people love to embellish and add details to stories they heard just to put their "stamp" on things....

Last edited:

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, for one, local newspapers were using all those variations of the story to sell newspapers. We tend to forget that people use treasure tales to make money that have nothing to do with accuracy or getting facts straight. I even learned one of my favorite treasure tale authors published stories at the behest of local chamber of commerce offices to try to build up tourism. And never mind the misdirection included by the original teller of the story to keep their locations secret, or the smokescreens they put out there to obscure the truth. When it comes to treasure tales, no sane person is motivated to give all their secrets away. And as I've already pointed out, mental illness, alcoholism, and other related issues also play a part. Some people love to embellish and add details to stories they heard just to put their "stamp" on things....

Yet people adamantly continue to insist insist that newspaper articles are "documentation of facts". Like you say, it's always been about selling papers - that's why they're in business. Fact check? Ha!

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The human mind works in still not completely understood ways - witness the imperfection of the psychology of psychotherapy.

The reasons for the inaccurate reporting runs the gauntlet from the ridiculous to the blindly sublime.

First is to establish any truth in the possibility in the Victorio Peak / Caballo mt treasure even existing. This is critical. One does not go to any trouble if it couldn't exist in the first place.
So far I have heard several theories put forth. I still say, based upon conditions in the past, that only the illegal mines operating in Sonora and Chihuahua, could have done it, and had a logical reason 'to do it'.

NP has even produced a map that shows the movement.

I consider the map important since it shows Tayopa and another mine, which supposedly neither ever existed, in their proper location and sequence.

So we have a map to back up the Mines in N Westrn Mexico, what do we have to support te other claims??

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree sdcfia, mass media (like newspapers) exist to make a profit, not to ensure everything they publish is factually accurate. And often the story is simply too boring to get people to buy or watch or listen, so they embellish it...

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The cancer spell in the his book caught my attention. So I googled iodine treatment for cancer. According to several studies. Low. Iodine in the body may be a contributing factor and a possible treatment. Especially when its combined with vitamin C. High dose.
The started studying it about ten years ago. Low iodine in the body is believed to also contribute to others condition such as ED,heart attacks, and thyroid disease just to name a few. Dont get me wrong. I dont believe in alliens. I just found it interesting that a prospector would have that line of thought years before the medical community. So we may have to adjust our thinking on willie.
He may have been alot smarter than people give him credit. Also I noticed somthing weird in his book. Looks like there is a story with in the over all story. Im printing the book out to test my theory. If it turns out that Im right. Ill post it. I know this is a little of topic,but I found it interesting. Thought you might as well.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning John: He probably picked that up on the Borderlands Science, during that period there was a series of articles on E Cacey. the sleeing prophet. They posted on Atomic Iodine quite a bit, so I sincerely don't think that he originated it

Incidentally how are you doing, progressing? Did you look up the Cesium Chloride treatment ?

p.s. He doesn't strike me aS A STORY WITHIN STORY TYPE.

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I imagine it ate away at our good friend Willie that he was no longer the center of any attention as he had been when people were chasing him, kidnapping him, reporting about him in newspapers, etc. It is not unlikely that he went to the expense of self publishing to try to rekindle some of that.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I read the book, I got a bit of a chill. Don't get me wrong. I don't think aliens gave Willie the secret of the universe, but Willie must have been quite well read.

Some of the things in the books that weren't well known until long after he wrote it:

1. Superconductivity: Although discovered in 1911, him mentioning its' use in spacecraft locomotion is very strange.

2. Sonic Booms change with temperature: While not exactly correct, he essentially had the basics correct.

3. Stem Cell Use: While not exactly how they are used, his explanation of using cells from different parts of the body to regrow that part is almost amazing. Stem Cell Use was not known at the time. Using a bit of brain from an infant and inserting it at the brain stem of an adult. Hard to explain.

Now, the thing that kind of killed it for me was the use of punch cards for their computer system. Punch card computers were in use at the time of the writing of the book. I doubt an advanced civilization would still be using such an old and ineffective method of memory.

Mike

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
G'd morning John: He probably picked that up on the Borderlands Science, during that period there was a series of articles on E Cacey. the sleeing prophet. They posted on Atomic Iodine quite a bit, so I sincerely don't think that he originated it

Incidentally how are you doing, progressing? Did you look up the Cesium Chloride treatment ?

p.s. He doesn't strike me aS A STORY WITHIN STORY TYPE.

I did look it up. I haven't tried it yet.
One of the articles said there a little side effects unless you have a bad heart. So im getting mine checked out first. Im doing really well though.
I am excited about iodione right now.
I read several trial where iodine with iv vitamin C has reversed cancer and cured the patient. I am just amazed that willie wrote about it.
I love what we do. The amazing stories, people, and researchers. Im constantly learning. Oh I meet a man in barn and noble. He said his brother prospected in new mexico for years, but he doesn't know if his brother new willie or not. Unfortunately his brother is long gone. He said he like reading about treasure. Reminds him of his brother.
Really nice man.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum, my long time friend, ths was in the old files of the Borderland Sciences .

A) superconductivity -- . . Journal of Borderland Research - Vol. 58, No. 01
Volume LVIII, Number 1, Annual, 2004 — Perception and Physics Includes: "The Problem of Instinct or Special Sense in Animals" by Georges Lakhovsky "The Role and Scope of the Radiesthetic Faculty…

Journal of Borderland Research - Vol. 57, No. 01
Vol. LVII, No. 1, Annual, 2001 Subtitle: Ether/Electricity and Its Manifestations THE EXISTENCE OF AN ETHER, K.F. Crafft (BSRA) THE ETHER THEORIES OF ELECTRIFICATION, Pr. Fernando Sanford THE ELECTRICAL MECHANIS…

ETC< ETC>

B) The fact that cold air is more conductive is well known to any farmer, that sound carries further in cold weather.

molecular concentration.

C) It was a Russian histologist named Alexander Maksimov who, in 1908, first put forward the existence of the stem cell (and coming up with the term himself) as part of his theory of haematopoiesis. According to Maksimov’s hypothesis, all cellular blood components were derived from haematopoietic stem cells. However, there had been no
major developments in the field of stem cell research for some 60 years after Maksimov’s theory was proposed.

In general 'all' of the things that he wrote about were discussed in the Border land sciences monthly posts published about that same time.

Coincidence ???

Last edited:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My stepmother loved this type of literature in the early 70's. She had all kinds of paperback books laying around the house on the power of the pyramids, the power of crystals, and any other off the wall topic of that era you could mention. I was especially fond of the books on ancient aliens and their visits to earth, just like we still being focused on today on the History Channel. And the funniest part is she was a former NASA scientist who worked on the Mercury Project! We got 3 tv channels back then, only 2 of them came through clearly all the time. We had a party line phone line, which we shared with many neighbors. So people resorted to any form of entertainment they could, which included a lot of zany book topics about the occult, aliens, and psuedo-science. No video games yet, no internet, only books, paper mass media, and movies you watched at a theater. I think we tend to forget the context in which the events we study occurred under totally different cultural and technological circumstances.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gollum, my long time friend, ths was in the old files of the Borderland Sciences .

A) superconductivity -- . . Journal of Borderland Research - Vol. 58, No. 01
Volume LVIII, Number 1, Annual, 2004 — Perception and Physics Includes: "The Problem of Instinct or Special Sense in Animals" by Georges Lakhovsky "The Role and Scope of the Radiesthetic Faculty…

Journal of Borderland Research - Vol. 57, No. 01
Vol. LVII, No. 1, Annual, 2001 Subtitle: Ether/Electricity and Its Manifestations THE EXISTENCE OF AN ETHER, K.F. Crafft (BSRA) THE ETHER THEORIES OF ELECTRIFICATION, Pr. Fernando Sanford THE ELECTRICAL MECHANIS…

ETC< ETC>

B) The fact that cold air is more conductive is well known to any farmer, that sound carries further in cold weather.

molecular concentration.

C) It was a Russian histologist named Alexander Maksimov who, in 1908, first put forward the existence of the stem cell (and coming up with the term himself) as part of his theory of haematopoiesis. According to Maksimov’s hypothesis, all cellular blood components were derived from haematopoietic stem cells. However, there had been no
major developments in the field of stem cell research for some 60 years after Maksimov’s theory was proposed.

In general 'all' of the things that he wrote about were discussed in the Border land sciences monthly posts published about that same time.

Coincidence ???

Jose,

I don't care when the theories were first postulated, or if there was one article in one magazine during this man's lifetime.

Its not a question of when the theories were put forward. Its a question of when the knowledge became commonplace. I bet if you ask ten random people on the street TODAY what Superconductivity was, maybe two could give an adequate answer. The same question about Stem Cells would probably get about the same response.

................... and that's just a question about the subject in general. If you asked ten people at random if they could tell you how superconductivity could be used in space travel, you would probably get ten blank stares.

In the 1960s knowledge of the subject was much rarer than it is today. For a guy that had no book learning after the seventh or eighth grade, for Willie to know the basically correct theory of using superconductivity for Space Travel is fairly surprising. The same thing goes for Stem Cell Treatment. I don't care if the theory was postulated in 1865, and there was an article about it in 1937. For an unlearned unschooled Willie to understand and write about it is amazing. Not only on one subject, but many!

Mike

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
<cut>
In the 1960s knowledge of the subject was much rarer than it is today. For a guy that had no book learning after the seventh or eighth grade, for Willie to know the basically correct theory of using superconductivity for Space Travel is fairly surprising. The same thing goes for Stem Cell Treatment. I don't care if the theory was postulated in 1865, and there was an article about it in 1937. For an unlearned unschooled Willie to understand and write about it is amazing. Not only on one subject, but many!

Mike

I totally agree. The point is that there is seemingly much more to Willie than he's generally been given credit for. We have only seen a snippet of that video interview with him in old age, and I'm sure the rest of it is intriguing. Too bad he didn't write a no-bs autobiography. Incidentally, that Tony Jolley video revealed another pretty shrewd old rodeo cowboy too.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SDCFIA,

We are in 100% agreement here. Willie might not have had a lot of book learning, but he had a lot of common sense (which in his early days was overridden by his big mouth) and street smarts. He was also one of those people with innate intelligence which allowed him to grasp the logic of a subject without being classically trained............................... or the aliens gave him all his info. :alien::alien::alien:

Tony Jolley was a sharp guy as well. Good Cowboy sense.

Mike

Last edited:

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One thing that I thought was good about his book was the aliens themselves. In most alien stories they are proof of a purely scientific world that has no room for religion or a creature. In willies story the aliens are in deed much more advanced, but they admit to being limited in their own knowledge. Like the had never left their know univere depsite knowing there was more out there. The aliens were unable to explore it.
The aliens also didnt dismiss the existence of a creater. Infact they seem to have a general theory that one was around. So they were advanced, but not all knowing. Plus when you add in the book of willes life on the shelf. You can tell they are time traveling. The book could have been better written, but the way willie tied all of these controversial themes together into a sense of harmony was well done. IMHO.
Now for the weird.
I found a doctor here in Oklahoma who is using the very treatment in willies book for cancer. I will see him next week. Im going to get his take on willies cancer spill. I would not have know anything about this treatment if not for the book,and you guys. Im also going to be taking another medication suggested by the real tayopia with my new docs help.
So I will let you all know how it goes.
One last thing. The site I found in az needs to be worked recorded and claimed. I cant do it alone. I havent the money,equipment or background as you guys. There are two men I know want to help one I meet in az and one in Hawaii.
Im not looking for money here. I dont want a grubstake. I want to form a group with you guys. We all bring what we can to the table. I will fully exclose what i know to thr group.
I think if we team up and I show you all what I have found. You will see that what I have in az ties into willie and or doc.
If we as a group buy permits,video discovery, and record everything at the site before telling the government.
We would be in a much bettet position to protect ourselves,the aritfacts,the history, and if any the profits. Folks Im not talking theory. I have stood boots on the ground in az.
Even if the treasure is gone. There is enough proof at my site to make many videos,and books on how it ties in with the peralta maps,ldm,doc noss,wille, Celeste jones.ad the terreso map.
So if done by the right group. We can make a good amount of money,and save history.
Think about it and let me know if you folks would like to do it.
If we document everything and work it together. They cant do us the way others have been done.
When I saw nps map. There was no doubt in my mind. I have been to the site three times now. I know where it is located. So im your doc/willie and Im on a short clock. Im willing to share everything to get this site finished.
So lets team up .

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Golly, SDC: WE aren't: The question is did he originate the data or did he merely modify and copy it ??The literature was available on the internet and generally free. Witness the books on Victorio Peak, Caballo mts etc.

I built built many of the devices and successfully used them. which many today, say is impossible, yet?
so I don't discount Willie on that basis, but apparently putting them in a book as his.

I am admitting to a 'BAD' here since I have never read his book.

The means, the ability, the intended factor (book, for what purpose) were there A complete package. Done too much today.

I myself,, and you, have been guilty of this in a small way, called gathering reference data, the difference is that we do not copy others data 'as' ours.

:laughing7: including my reference to the Aztecs being one of the lost tribes of Isreal, Atlantis existing, Tayopa's connection with Victorio Peak deposits etc etc :laughing7: These were basic conclusions of mine based upon data freely avaiable to others, yet they didn't.

Pasame his book to read.

Crow

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2005
In a tax haven some where
Detector(s) used
ONES THAT GO BEEP! :-)
Primary Interest:
Other
SDCFIA,

We are in 100% agreement here. Willie might not have had a lot of book learning, but he had a lot of common sense (which in his early days was overridden by his big mouth) and street smarts. He was also one of those people with innate intelligence which allowed him to grasp the logic of a subject without being classically trained............................... or the aliens gave him all his info. :alien::alien::alien:

Tony Jolley was a sharp guy as well. Good Cowboy sense.

Mike

That is an Excellent point....There is perception that just because your "university trained" your some how better and smarter than the average person. Most universities follow this "elitist" doctrine of study, the topics recommended by their professor and write a paper reflecting the status quo. Providing your paper does not conflict with your professors views you pass.

Some of the richest people in world have no formal education and yet excell themselves from thier fellow people by having an excessive inquiring mind.

Crow

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread