May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have only 2 ploughed fields that we can do over the Winter, this one & the Winter Stubble Field which we have done a couple of days on already. These two fields have been left without drilling a crop as there is going to be an Archaeological dig on them. This is in readiness for a development. We have seen the geophysical survey & the results match our metal detecting maps for these fields. I will be trying to help with the dig when it starts but at that point I will have to give up all finds to them. So the more we get now, the more the land owner & I can keep, plus save from the concrete.

7 Roman Coins
Nice drawer key
Lead Cap to a 17th century black powder flask
bits.....

On the way back to the car, I found a nice Roman plate brooch (without pin, but otherwise in good shape) :)

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 796
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    123.6 KB · Views: 814
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 792
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    125.7 KB · Views: 793
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 779
Upvote 0
OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
plehbah said:
I always bow my head and give a humble prayer of thanks for the winter beans!

Beans!

I should have called it Bean Stork Field, as thats what we have to detect around.

A

archaeon

great scott! crusader, you are the metal detecting king! wonderfully awesome finds!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
archaeon said:
great scott! crusader, you are the metal detecting king! wonderfully awesome finds!

Thanks but its far from the truth. I have met detecting kings & they make my stuff look like rubbish.

Don't forget, this is mine & Dads finds for the day. By UK standards, we are just above average. :thumbsup:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
tesoro eldorado, tesoro lobo,goldmaxx xp
CRUSADER said:
archaeon said:

Thanks but its far from the truth. I have met detecting kings & they make my stuff look like rubbish.

Don't forget, this is mine & Dads finds for the day. By UK standards, we are just above average. :thumbsup:

stop it your making me blush :D

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
plehbah said:
CRUSADER said:
plehbah said:

Beans!

I should have called it Bean Stork Field, as thats what we have to detect around.

We will call it the 'Bean(Beans!) Stork Field Detecting Adventures of the Thank You Raisin Bread Bronchitis Brothers', or,

'Three Times Around, Go Googly-eyed, and Then Backwards Down The Spiderhole to Show Alice How IT IS DONE'.

This will be the magnum opus of metal detecting sagas.

aaargh! the x factor is on the telly >:(
please plebah! i need to know, what are you on? :D

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
plehbah said:
CRUSADER said:
plehbah said:

Beans!

We will call it the 'Bean(Beans!) Stork Field Detecting Adventures of the Thank You Raisin Bread Bronchitis Brothers', or,

'Three Times Around, Go Googly-eyed, and Then Backwards Down The Spiderhole to Show Alice How IT IS DONE'.

This will be the magnum opus of metal detecting sagas.

aaargh! the x factor is on the telly >:(
please plebah! i need to know, what are you on? :D

Lots of rain outside. I think I will be mud wrestling tomorrow.

As for plehbah habits :icon_scratch:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
thats it!! i'm going down to the river tomorrow! any ideas on a makeshift rain cover for the detector?

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:
thats it!! i'm going down to the river tomorrow! any ideas on a makeshift rain cover for the detector?
Going to be dry here Shaun, rest of the week much warmer, so detecting is on... Only everything is a bit muddy. I just take a plastic sack and wire it onto the detector, clear plastic if you have it. Works ok. If the plastic is a bit soft you can also just adjust the controls without taking the sack off. Don't forget, when you are done, TAKE off the sack...

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Cru and Cru'dad, both of you at it again! And in all this rain! Great finds again. Tell me
-1st photo, the two center things, you know those with the face and the one above, with a face maybe. What are they? Will you let us see them when you get them cleaned up?

-4th photo, on the right side of the lead cap, what is that? Which metal?
Beautiful key, and the one above is also a key (broken)?

-last photo, I guess the diamond thing is the fibular? I never found one of those, very nice find! :alien:

shaun7

Gold Member
May 20, 2008
uk
Detector(s) used
woody50 said:
shaun7 said:
Going to be dry here Shaun, rest of the week much warmer, so detecting is on... Only everything is a bit muddy. I just take a plastic sack and wire it onto the detector, clear plastic if you have it. Works ok. If the plastic is a bit soft you can also just adjust the controls without taking the sack off. Don't forget, when you are done, TAKE off the sack...

thanks woody i have some see through carrier bags+ cable ties :thumbsup:

wwwtimmcp

Bronze Member
Sep 22, 2007
wakeman, ohio
Detector(s) used
J.W.FISHERS pulse 8x
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
nice finds crusader as usual, hope you are feeling better, my nieces kid gave me the worst cold I've had in 15 years. I had to stay in bed for 3 days. I finally got out today for 4 hours and it felt really good. I have a question about the key you found. do the little hands inside the handle of the key have a purpose ?

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Makeshift detector cover, one of those bowl covers with the elastic around it, I think they are made by Glad, or you can get asorted sizes at any dollar store. Just stretch it over your vital detector parts, also make great rain caps, stretch one over your head. Works for me........NGE (T)

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Detectingfreak said:
nice job on the old silver! 1888 is a pretty good year! :)

Well, it might be 1838. Who knows? All the reverses of those look the same. Either way it's new silver junk for the Cru' Team. I think he took the photo of the reverse to underscore the fact that it really doesn't matter whether it's Willy or Vic.

:P

woody50

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2007
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
notgittinenny ( treasures ) said:
Makeshift detector cover, one of those bowl covers with the elastic around it, I think they are made by Glad, or you can get asorted sizes at any dollar store. Just stretch it over your vital detector parts, also make great rain caps, stretch one over your head. Works for me........NGE (T)
Hey, thats a great idea, thanks!

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
woody50 said:
Hi Cru and Cru'dad, both of you at it again! And in all this rain! Great finds again. Tell me
-1st photo, the two center things, you know those with the face and the one above, with a face maybe. What are they? Will you let us see them when you get them cleaned up?Left one is a small part of a Crotal Bell, the one in the middle is part of a WWI capbadge or Lapel Badge of the 21st ??

-4th photo, on the right side of the lead cap, what is that? Which metal?Pressed silver decor - Victorian whatzit
Beautiful key, and the one above is also a key (broken)?Part of a medieval spur attachment

-last photo, I guess the diamond thing is the fibular? I never found one of those, very nice find! :alien:Yes its my first plate roman brooch with this shape

wwwtimmcp said:
nice finds crusader as usual, hope you are feeling better, my nieces kid gave me the worst cold I've had in 15 years. I had to stay in bed for 3 days. I finally got out today for 4 hours and it felt really good. I have a question about the key you found. do the little hands inside the handle of the key have a purpose ?

I have had a cold for 10 days, which I can't shift. Isn't stopping me detecting or going to work although its costing me in tissues. How can the body produce so much snot. During detecting I have just let the wind blow it from my nose, otherwise I would be stopping every minute. Theres a nice image for you, but who wants to stay at home when ill (not me, unless I'm physically unable).

In answer to the key question, its just for decoration.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
shaun7 said:

Just got up. Good luck, you have the advice you need. I used to us a tesco bag, now I have the proper covers (ยฃ10 each, a little wasteful, but I treated my detector for Xmas)

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
๐Ÿฅ‡ Banner finds
๐Ÿ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Detectingfreak said:
nice job on the old silver! 1888 is a pretty good year! :)

Well, it might be 1838. Who knows? All the reverses of those look the same. Either way it's new silver junk for the Cru' Team. I think he took the photo of the reverse to underscore the fact that it really doesn't matter whether it's Willy or Vic.

:P

Its 1888. Generally speaking, Victorian silver is not high on our list of 'wants'. However, we would like to find a pre-1850 silver 3pence as they are hard to buy from anywhere. I have several gaps in the collection (this being my coin collection which I have brought over the years & have added the odd find to as well) which I will maybe never be able to buy or find.

On a bad day, this silver would be a welcome sight. :icon_sunny:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread