Winter Doldrums CONTEST!

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In an effort to stymie the winter doldrums, TH is allowing me to hold a simple contest. So here's how it is going to work;

I have selected a number between 1 - 300 and the first person to guess that number wins a free book, Florida's East Coast Gold & How You Can Find It. (Seeker41 is keeper of the selected number.)

Rules: Only one guess per person per day. And, you must also include either a picture of a find, your equipment, or a word or two of treasure hunting wisdom. Should be fun and entertaining and might help to keep hunters inspired through these winter months. :thumbsup:
book3.jpg

Upvote 0

River Hound

Dec 17, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
day three 49 the more you learn the better off you are. Even with the river I dive things are always changing.different water levels somewhat different dive areas. it can be flooding and I am able to dive.Things that may have been out of site before a big water dump I may find after.
some of this summer finds
7 go pros cameras over 250 pair of sunglasses, jewelery several fishing rods.We talk about returning rings on here/ my version one ladys wallet 116 inside 4 outher wallets no cash 1 fishing vest and one tackle box both had license in them oh yea 4 phones 3 and 4 gig the white 4 gig still worked returned 2 of my friends also found white 4 gig phones and they worked.food for thought if you plan to take your phone for a swim.come on #49 I need something to read

lookindown

Gold Member
Mar 11, 2010
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250,AT PRO, CZ21...RTG pro scoop...Stealth 720
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lookindown: I have agreed with every post of yours up until this one. I find you to be an intelligent man and I value your opinion. I would ask you to reconsider..."What I do not know IS most important."

Best regards,

Crispin
I will consider it Crispin.

jffbrk

Aug 26, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
jffbrk said:

When you have a weak disappearing signal, stomp on the ground in the target area & sometimes it turns the coin & improves the signal.

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

First gold I ever found.....had the fever ever since. :laughing9:

10k ring.jpg

jffbrk

Aug 26, 2012
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Find the trash and you'll find the treasure. 222

biggmike

May 27, 2010
Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CZ7A Pro / CZ21 / F75 LTD
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
37 When asking permission to detect a property I have learned that: No doesn’t mean “never”, it just means “not yet”.

teklord

Sep 26, 2006
Orlando Fl.
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000
Primary Interest:

Three things you need at the beach: antihistamine, vinegar, and Adolf's meat tenderizer.

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
153 (day 3 guess)

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to look like a nail...oh yeah, and fill those d*mn holes!!! Have come across a few sites in the last week that look like a minefield.

SonnyFl

Mar 9, 2007
Hudson Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess is 135! Don't load up with too much weight if you water hunting.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Day 4 guess....50.

Wisdom: Metal detecting is about the thrill of the chase....the finds are a bonus.

I tend to prefer the oddball finds....although I don't turn up my nose at gold and silver...lol.

This Chinese amulet or good luck charm was found at a nearby park.

Regards + HH

Bill

Attachments

• DSC00084.JPG
    DSC00084.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 76

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
great contest!!!! cool finds pics! keep guesing, try not to pick a number that has already been posted. dont give up!!!!!
chuck.

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The number is between 1 - 300, a couple of guesses have been somewhat close. Keep guessing and posting those neat finds. :thumbsup: It's getting me inspired to go to the beach! :laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread