Winter Has Finally Released Its Grasp

schwabie16

Dec 11, 2013
Reynoldsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FINALLY, I've gotten a chance to get out and detect here in central PA. The snow was really melting off last week, and just when things looked good, we got another 4 inches of snow yesterday. That didn't stop me though. It was a little messy because of all of the melting snow, by at least I got out.

No silver, but got a few wheats, and one is a 1909, which is a first for me. Also found a crusty no-date buffalo and crusty 1906 V nickel. Also snagged an old decorative brass/copper piece, and a couple other old relics ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426980737.819455.jpg

Upvote 12

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I feel your pain over here in Northeast pa, got out twice then more ugly white stuff, that should be it for the year though, there's alot of history just waiting to be retrieved!

Great digs, I love v nickels and buffs!!

deershed

Silver Member
Apr 25, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Whites Coin Master Pro, Bounty Hunter Lonestar, Minelab CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see things are finally starting to look up for you!! The boy and I fought snow and frozen ground for weeks refusing to wait for better conditions. We got hit with that last snow too but, ours melted fast. Now we need the ground to dry out a little, were still not waiting though. lol
Congrats on your finds!! I've yet to find my first V nickel and have only found a couple buffalo's. There should be silver close if your finding wheats.
Good Luck and hope more Spring like weather comes your way...

K1DDO1979

Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds and good for you getting out. I can't wait for the day I get to post a dig again. Its brutal weather here still! [emoji34]

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Nice finds! Glad you can get out there and detect, and dig!

It will be a while before we can do that here. The rest of the snow has to melt and the temps need to come up to "normal" for this time of year, so the ground thaws! Then maybe we can get out there and dig!

davehky

Jan 3, 2007
Mass
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 garrette pro pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds for the start of this years detecting! I also went out last weekend and this weekend,just a little. Getting 40's some days melts the snow, but not everywhere. I just detect where theres patches of grass, and that will do till its totally gone! It's been a long winter without swinging. It is looking better now.

Got a silver merc last weekend too and just clad this weekend, but was a blast swinging again! HH

Last edited:
OP
OP
schwabie16

schwabie16

Dec 11, 2013
Reynoldsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see things are finally starting to look up for you!! The boy and I fought snow and frozen ground for weeks refusing to wait for better conditions. We got hit with that last snow too but, ours melted fast. Now we need the ground to dry out a little, were still not waiting though. lol
Congrats on your finds!! I've yet to find my first V nickel and have only found a couple buffalo's. There should be silver close if your finding wheats.
Good Luck and hope more Spring like weather comes your way...

Thanks! GL and HH to you!

OP
OP
schwabie16

schwabie16

Dec 11, 2013
Reynoldsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds for the start of this years detecting! I also went out last weekend and this weekend,just a little. Getting 40's some days melts the snow, but not everywhere. I just detect where theres patches of grass, and that will do till its totally gone! It's been a long winter without swinging. It is looking better now.

Got a silver merc last weekend too and just clad this weekend, but was a blast swinging again! HH

I found my first silver of this year yet, and I do the same thing, ha. Just detect where you can see the grass

OP
OP
schwabie16

schwabie16

Dec 11, 2013
Reynoldsville, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! Nice finds! Glad you can get out there and detect, and dig!

It will be a while before we can do that here. The rest of the snow has to melt and the temps need to come up to "normal" for this time of year, so the ground thaws! Then maybe we can get out there and dig!

Thanks! And I agree. It was a rough late winter this year

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions