Winter Repairs

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For our Northern members, Now is the time to get those repairs and mods on Minelabs done, don't wait till Spring time then have to deal with long wait times.

Minelab repair center at Kellyco is caught up on repairs which means real short wait times as in only couple days..

Sent from my QMV7A using Tapatalk

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone that has a older Blue Excalibur or some of the early Excal II's (Green) I would highly recommend having Barry at KellyCo check the O-rings. Last year I posted this at winter (on another forum) and we were able to save several machines from the deadly saltwater. Here are a few pictures of what we found once we started checking them on ever machine....
OBN0001.jpg OBN0094.jpg
OBN0117.jpg OBN0345.jpg Damage from a leaking o ring

And really very easy to check them yourself, just pop off the little
Yellow cap, loosen the brass nut till its almost off, then lift the knob
take your treasure loop and check. I would almost guarantee 50% of
everyone that checks them will need O-rings if they hunt in saltwater and there machines are the ones I mentioned above....

It's a out of reach area that gets no attention, because it is out of site.

If they are dry rotted just send your machine in and extent the life of
your machine for several more years... if they look good, just rinse with fresh water and lube them up...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't wait until spring or you will be waiting in line to get it back....

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't wait until spring or you will be waiting in line to get it back....

I have been waiting for almost a week to get an RMA for a repair on my ETrac. I sent an email to them last Thursday, heard back saying they needed my serial numbers, and then on Thursday evening I sent the information back to them. I have not heard a word since. I sent another email the 23rd, and nothing. I would love to get it repaired so I can do some digging but I am out of luck. I'm not impressed with their service department because I need the information so I can send it to them. If anyone has any insight on this please let me know. Thanks

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been waiting for almost a week to get an RMA for a repair on my ETrac. I sent an email to them last Thursday, heard back saying they needed my serial numbers, and then on Thursday evening I sent the information back to them. I have not heard a word since. I sent another email the 23rd, and nothing. I would love to get it repaired so I can do some digging but I am out of luck. I'm not impressed with their service department because I need the information so I can send it to them. If anyone has any insight on this please let me know. Thanks

Did you try calling Barry in their repair center?

I will contact Chriskelly now, he can help...

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison
The Constitution of the United States of America

Greatday05

Mar 20, 2014
Pittsfield, PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Coiltech 15", Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did you try calling Barry in their repair center?

I will contact Chriskelly now, he can help...

“A well-regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.”
― James Madison

I was contacting the Minelab service obtained from Minelab's website. Is Kellyco an authorized factory repair shop that does warranty work? If so, it doesn't matter where I send it to get it serviced. Thanks

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
That is a good idea for some .. But for me my equipment is cleaned and checked out after every hunt … So i am always ready to go..

OP
OP
Treasure_Hunter

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was contacting the Minelab service obtained from Minelab's website. Is Kellyco an authorized factory repair shop that does warranty work? If so, it doesn't matter where I send it to get it serviced. Thanks

Yes they are authorized Minelab center, I HIGHLY suggest you send it to KyCo over Chicago....

― James Madison

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread