Wireless Headphone for the V3i

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
The headphones work great they deliver fantastic sound and the batteries last for an extended period of time you can't go wrong with the comforts and convenience
Of having no headphone wires to deal with I have mine three years never had a problem they connect well and deliver great sound good luck

McKinney_5900

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2010
The batteries actually only last one decent, long hunt. I went to rechargeables fast after getting these phones. They are nice without the wires though ;-) Oh, they get hot in the summer time, and hang up on branches easily.

Brooklynhunter

Jul 16, 2013
That is not been my experience being they use only two AA batteries I get about 6 hours full run time before I usually just swapping out I don't wait for them to go dead as far as them being hot .if your hunting in the heat yea they get hot.but no hotter than my minelabs do. And I haven't had any issues with them being caught up on anything overall I think they are well worth the investment

RobRieman

Silver Member
Nov 12, 2012
Cincinnati Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's V3i / Minelab E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
There is no loss of sound or any kind of breaking up, interference or loosing signal. They turn off automatically when you turn off the detector. I get 3 or 4 hunts out of a set of batteries and use them until they die, I would say approx 12 hours on mine. They do get hot when it's 90+ out but they are so comfortable you don't know you have them on.

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headphones in general are hot during the summer. Wired headphones are such a pain especially once a person switches to a wireless set. I purchased a set of TDK WR 700 Wireless Hi-Fi Headphones that use "Kleer" technology so no drop outs, interference like I've heard about bluetooth. Plug Type 3.5mm so a right angle adapter from Radio Shack is required for my machines, Frequency Response 20-20,000 Hz, Input Impedance 32 +/- 10% Ohms, Transmitter Range 10 meters. I purchased them from newegg.com 03/25/2012 and love them, actually I love not having the cord hang up on everything and being in the way when I check for targets. The headphones shut off if no signal comes through to them so the background hum is needed. If anyone uses newegg, check first for $'s off coupons as they have them from time to time. I had no trouble with the purchase or the product. The headphones are fairly close to the head so I've not had more than the usual snagging of the headphones out in the forests where I detect. The transmitter with right angle adapter should be Velcro fastened to the control box or else it will swing down and be in harms way. You will not have these issues with the stock Whites Wireless headphones! I take a large sized motorcycle helmet to fit me and these phones are a little snug so I put them over my hat in use.

Best of goodness with your purchases......................63bkpkr

198_9869.JPG And of course I can not find the pictures with the adapter/transmitter plugged into the box so try and imagine it from this picture.

Ejmrods

Jul 25, 2012
Ridge NY and Sarasota Fl
Detector(s) used
V3i, Beach Hunter, Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would go with the Whites wireless head phhones. I have had my V3i for 3 years now and have never had any problem with them. The head phones are very solidly built and the sound is great. As far as battery life I always keep extra batteries with me, so if I feel they need to be changed I just pop in a new set. I use off brand batteries and the life seems to be really good. All in all I feel Whites really did a great job with the wireless cans.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta agree the wireless headphones for the v3i are great I actually have 2, pairs even when using 2 at the same time still no lag. Also Congrates on ur new v3i it'll take some time to get used to it & know what its saying but well worth it. Other things the sunray probe is really nice on it u still get all the graphs everything as if u were swinging the coil. All in all awesome machine not much it won't due

OP
OP
L

laurenB

Aug 24, 2013
New York
Detector(s) used
V3i, Garrett Pinpointer Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you everyone for all your information regarding the headphones. When my detector arrives ... First thing ... Send off the receipt to Whites to get the headphones. I had a pretty cool find with the Pinpointer (which I got last week and will be posting it later) .... Times like this I wish I paid more for faster shipping ! :-)

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This thread was of great interest to me, as I am considering both the V3i and the wireless phones. The statements have put me at ease about my intended purchase. Thanks to everyone that contributed to the info!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread