Wireless headphones on the Ace 250. Modification done.

khouse

Dec 6, 2006

Attachments

• DSCF1474.JPG
    DSCF1474.JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 1,946

digitall423

Jan 28, 2007
Is there time lag with your wireless phones? I tried a Logitech system that had a very noticeable lag which was very annoying. I didn't like it and couldn't get used to it.

Bill

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I was afraid of the same thing. But there is no lag. It's just like your hard wired to your detector. Radio Shack gives you 30 days to try it. So there's no risk to try it.

Danimal

Bronze Member
Aug 16, 2006
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
Detector(s) used
duh...duh... DFX
Khouse:
Let me know by PM if you can what the battery life's like on the headphone unit itself after you use it a while ok?

Also, still considering the trigger mod. You still willing?

Dan

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I purchased the exact same headphones . Rained here several days in a row when I got the phones . Air tested them inside + thought they sounded good . Finally got to try them on a hunt and they sounded like the volume was very weak even though I had them turned all the way up . They were also fully charged . Have you used yours on a hunt outside ? Thanks HH

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Yes, I have used them outside probably about 5 times with a total of about 4 hours. Mine will go extreamly loud. I don't know what to tell you other than take them back and try another set. I have to run mine around the middle of the range. At full blast they will knock my brain around.

DirtyDon

May 5, 2005
rome.NY
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the information on this site about the wireless headphones. I'll have to check them out myself. On the problem with low volume, I have that problem every once in a while with my detectors and what I found out is that there are times that the plug inside the detector get some type of dirt on the contacts. What I tried, and it works for me, is to put a little saliva on the jack and plug it back in. I even clean the plug a little with a small piece scotch brite pad.

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
I just think Hillbilly either has a bad headset or like you said - a plug issue.

Hillbilly,
Have you tried the headset in another device? If so how was the volume?

JT2

Aug 9, 2006
Concord MA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiya Khouse,

Are the batteries in the base transmitter and the headphones rechargable?

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Rechargeble Nicads in both. It comes with a dual charger to charge both at the same time.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
Hi Khouse , I tried them with a radio + they seemed fine . By the way I noticed if I covered the right side earpiece with my hand I lost all sound . Don't really see how that could have been my problem in the field though .

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
They would be worth a try! 30 days to try it at Radio Shack. If they don't work just take them back.
I really don't know any reason they wouldn't work for any detector.

WV Hillbilly

Dec 8, 2006
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
TIME RANGER CZ3D ACE 250
I e-mailed the manufacturer of my detector + they replied saying that wireless phones would'nt work . I have a different brand detector than Khouse however . I still think maybe the FM method on page 3 of tech talk might be a possibility for me . If I was thinking of using the RS phones with another brand of detector I think I would contact the manufacturer of that particular detector . I also noticed on the RS phones it said they would automaticly change frequencys if there was interference in the area to provide the best possible signal . After I thought about it I wasn't to far from some power lines when I tried mine . Maybe that was my problem ???

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Hillbilly,
What detector are you trying it on? I have tried the FM method with a Fisher CZ-5 and Whites IDX and it didn't work. This RS 33-1253 headphone works great on the Ace 250.

OP
OP
K

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
Buy the extended warranty. It cost $5.00 and worth it. I didn't and my 33-1253's crapped out after a year. I'm getting ready to buy another set. Battery life seemed to be around 6 hours.

mpostma

Bronze Member
Jul 21, 2008
East Jordan, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Quattro
Hey Khouse,
Thanks for this post.
I noticed that the 33-1253s were on sale for $40 through May 30. I bought a set to try on my Minlab Quattro. I noticed on Radio Shack's product page that an Etrac user wrote to say how great they worked on his.

Since I am sending in my Sunray Pro Golds to have a new set of wires on them......
I am looking forward to trying this.
Thanks again for the post.

Good Luck,
Mark

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions