Wireless headphones UPDATED

chirper97

Mar 28, 2005
south charleston, wv
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's DFX 300, Garrett Infinium PI, Fisher CZ6A, Garrett Deepseeker and Groundhog ADS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, not yet...I frequently have low sales resistance when I speak to vendors on the phone and prefer the internet for purchases. I also wonder if these headphones work with Whites DFX 300...

I would expect they can quote you if you send an email Whites prevents them from displaying anything but list prices on the internet

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Grab a paid of the tdkwr 700 wireless headphones,comfortable no lag what so ever & use em on any machine

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to disagree with the statement, no delay.

Some time back, Radio Shack sold a wireless headset that DID NOT use Bluetooth technology. The delay was tolerable at about 50 ms. Bluetooth technology being what it is, has a delay too. The amount is always at least 50 ms, and if there is outside interference from say an active cellphone, the delay can be as mush as 150 ms. When detecting, that's almost an eternity! Bluetooth version 3 is supposed to correct some of the delay, but it will be several years before we migrate to V3.

All of this is a result of a balancing act between computing power and battery capacity, that extends itself to the detector we use. In other words, they have a delay for the same reason. They're getting better, but it will be a few years before we have blinding speed built into a detector.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to disagree with the statement, no delay.

Some time back, Radio Shack sold a wireless headset that DID NOT use Bluetooth technology. The delay was tolerable at about 50 ms. Bluetooth technology being what it is, has a delay too. The amount is always at least 50 ms, and if there is outside interference from say an active cellphone, the delay can be as mush as 150 ms. When detecting, that's almost an eternity! Bluetooth version 3 is supposed to correct some of the delay, but it will be several years before we migrate to V3.

All of this is a result of a balancing act between computing power and battery capacity, that extends itself to the detector we use. In other words, they have a delay for the same reason. They're getting better, but it will be a few years before we have blinding speed built into a detector.

Well the tdk model arent Bluetooth, & unless you have actually tried them thats kinda a pretty bold statement to say yes they do lag, I know there are some out there that are wireless thst do lag ive had a couple detectors with wireless ive used for a Long time, & so i put these threw quite the test the technical date for them
Frequency responce: 20-20,000hz
Sensitivity at : 1khz. 106 +- 5db
Input impendance: 32+-10%
Transmitter range: 10m (33')

zurc

Feb 14, 2014
Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 350, Garrett ProPointer, Treasure Products 580 PinPointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was looking for wireless AND waterproof for my AT Pro... Too much to ask for?

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The ones for the V3i will only work on the V3i as the transmitter is already built into the V3i so those headphones only have the receiver and I'm pretty sure you won't find a compatible transmitter to work with those. Those TDK look nice and I was looking at those a couple years ago but went with the radio shack ones that are 2.4 gHz and if there's any lag its not enough to notice as I can pinpoint without a problem. I don't think that radio shack has the ones I bought back then as they were phasing those out, they might have some news ones that would work but haven't checked in a couple years. I don't use them unless I'm detecting in brush or wooded area's just so I'm not getting hung up on stuff with the cord, otherwise the cord doesn't bother me much of course I guess that would depend on which headphones you use as the cords aren't the same on different headphones. HH

ClodChopper

Mar 6, 2013
Oakland Co. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fischer F70
Garrett ACE 350
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Raven model 25 and other hacking tools
1part piss / 3 parts vinegar
30 round mags
God Bless America!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess I should read the entire thread before I post question. Since I can't delete my post, I did an edit, so I don't look foolish! Skip over this post...

Last edited:

rancherjl

Jan 22, 2013
Palm Bay, Florida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i ---- Garrett Ace 350 -------
propointer---------
wireless headphones---
lische with T handle --- stealth & rtg scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have use the same wireless on my Ace 350 and my Whites V3i
had problem with it with low volume, then used a metal adapter from Radio S. to replace the plastic adapter and now have great volume.
wireless is the only way to go.
rancherjL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread