Wish me Luck

Benbuck6

Jan 11, 2008
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
I am leaving work and spending the last few hours MD'ing my sons schoolyard playground. School was founded in 1969...and thousands of kids have played on that playground through the years...My goal for today...

5 pennies
2 dimes
1 nickel
2 quarters
some jewelry...can be cheap, just think it would be fun

I have used me detector briefly over the last few days and dug very discrimately...this time i think i will dig everything that I can pinpoint just to see what we can dig up.

Pepper2004

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2007
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Whites M6, Vibra-Probe 570, Ace 250, Bounty Hunter 202, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Whites MXT, 2 Bullseye11
Good luck. Waiting for an update. :)

OP
OP
Benbuck6

Benbuck6

Jan 11, 2008
GREENVILLE, MS
Detector(s) used
GARRETT 350 GTA
Well, I got to the school and the Basketball coach asked me if I run with the team to help him get ready for the district tourney. I did, which drastically cut my hunting time to about an hour.

The first 30 minutes were spent, like I said, with the discrimination set low and I dug every hit. I dug foil, bottle tops, and more foil wrappers than I care to keep up with. I got sick of it and set the discrimination higher and only dug those things I felt comfortable with. The last 30 minutes...3 dimes, 4 pennies, and my first token (nice one too). I felt like I was getting better at realizing what my detector was telling me.

Going back in the morning and going to try to spend 2 or 3 hours...i couldn't get under alot of playground equipment, it was too wet.

deepskyal

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2007
Natrona Heights, Pa.
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster 6000 Di Series 3, Minelab Eq 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What...no pulltabs??? If you add some to your goals...maybe you wont dig any...lol.

But seriously,
I'd probably keep digging junk in a school yard. Never know what kids sneak in to show off at the playground, then lose it.
Al

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
what token the dreaded "chuckie cheese"?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread