With a Merc in hand, thought I had a large coppa

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
I got a 7:30 phone call this morning from the in-laws; their toilet was mysteriously pouring water into the basement below :o. After dropping off the kids at school, I went over to investigate, sensing that the planned morning hunt was gone. After replacing the tank valve and making a few adjustments, the problem was solved and I went hunting this afternoon instead. Like Zeroes at Pearl Harbor, the mosquitos let me know I was their primary target so I tried to stay in the sun more than usual. It's still in the 80's here, and summer hasn't given up yet. The hunt was slow, but I managed .61 in clad before this 26 Merc popped up, followed by a 30 and 40 wheat. I had silver, and a dollar was now in sight when I dug this very ugly disk out of a 58 hole. Size wise, it could have been a half, but 58 has never been a half for me; I thought, "Could this be one of them Coppas I keep reading about?" Alas, it wasn't, and isn't. Around the edge are phrases like "You Lose", "Going out" and "Coming in". The other side yielded even fewer clues; safe to say it's not legal tender of any sort. I posted it just in case anyone has seen anything similar; it's certainly not a piece I'll be bragging about!

Attachments

• mercrap (2).jpg
    mercrap (2).jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 322
Upvote 0
Not only did youget your hunt in, you brought home the silver, too. Way to go Bud!

Henry,
The merc looks great and the token still cool. 8) Another couple weeks and I think the mosquitoes should not be a factor...at least for me. ;D

The mosquitoes right now are keeping me from some prime spots. Not the only thing.... Took my daughter to get her temporary driving permit and went fishing today....got our limit of perch. :)

Bob

Mirage said:
Henry,
The merc looks great and the token still cool. 8) Another couple weeks and I think the mosquitoes should not be a factor...at least for me. ;D

The mosquitoes right now are keeping me from some prime spots. Not the only thing.... Took my daughter to get her temporary driving permit and went fishing today....got our limit of perch. :)

Bob
I wouldn't mind a good hard frost to kill the little darlings, but I grow raspberries and they'd get it too. >:( Mmmmmm, perch sounds good; my mother used to fry it for us. It's an under-appreciated fish, if you ask me.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back