This Morning Started Out With A Bang - UPDATE

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's
This morning started out at 2am when my CD player decided it was going to start cycling through the CD's without playing any. That continuous noise woke me up. I reach up to turn on the light, and the light doesn't come on. Next step was to grab the old flashlight and try and fix the CD player. By the time I was through with it, it was beyond repair. So, I put in a cassette and go back to bed. The alarm goes off this morning and I sleep right through it. By the time I woke up, the sun was already up. I reach for the light switch, and BANG! Sparks go everywhere, falling on my bedspread and burning holes all in it. After I get through putting out my bedspread, I reach over for this glass of water to get something wet in my mouth. This is a 64 oz glass of water, and it just slides through my fingers and smashes on the floor. Water goes everywhere. It was about this time I had just about had enough for one day, and it hadn't even started. I also by now didn't feel like going out to the houses I've been doing. It was late, and I just didn't feel like going that far for such a short time before it started heating up. Knowing I just had to get out of here for awhile, I just took off driving. As I was calming down I noticed two parks I had never seen before, one with a soccer field. I broke out the ol' detector and hit the tot lots and around the outside edges to see what change I could pick up. Both parks seem to have quite a bit of change, and when I finally made it back to the house and rinsed them off, I found I had found exactly 100 coins. This makes the 3rd day this week of 100 coin days. So, now I am replacing the light socket and cleaning up my mess from earlier. Then I'm locking the door and not coming out for the rest of the day. Tomorrow will be another day, but as far as I am concerned, today is over.

Attachments

• 100 coins.JPG
    100 coins.JPG
    40.7 KB · Views: 1,110
Upvote 0

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Re: This Morning Started Out With A Bang

Great post piggman, sounds like a day in my life. Congrats on coins you've been doing fantastic .

kenb

Colonial KirkPA

Silver Member
Apr 4, 2007
Colonial, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Pro XL

It was good to get hydrated before a big day of detecting, so 64 ounces was the right amount. :D You drink more water than the man who invented water: "Mr. Water." :D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

sounds like how some of my days start out ! but you did get 100 coins and thats good , congrats on the coins and hope you have a better start on tomorrow ;)

halfdime

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2006
Zelienople
Detector(s) used
White's XLT

At least you got some cash to pay for home improvements!

TnT2000

Jan 15, 2006
Easton PA

3 days 300 coins...wow....I just got blisters thinking about that...way to go.....TnT

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Hey Dave, sorry your day started out so sucky! It was like reading the story of my life. ::)
Looks like my finds...mostly pennies. They all add up but I'd rather dig up quarters, they equal 25 penny holes. I haven't been out in a few days, no money for gas. Wife got paid today & gave me some gas money...I'm just about ready to go. ;D Maybe tomorrow or Sunday. You must sleep with music; I can't do that, I keep listening and singing along in my brain, then I stay awake. Did you maybe get a power surge? Lightening in the area? When I hear it's going to storm I unplug the phone line to my computer; lost two in the past due to the phone line. I believe my surge protector phone line is blown cuz when I plug the computer in it I don't get a dial tone. Don't be forgetting about house #4 and the ring.

Boobydoo

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2006
Michigan

How I can relate to your bad day.
Hope the next one starts out better then this one and only gets better from there. Good luck Dave.

Smiles!
BDoo

NC_Horn

Mar 17, 2005
Burlington, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, White's Silver Eagle

Congrats on the coins piggman. Hope your weekend is better than today (though with all those coins, it wasn't all bad) and your finds are many!

Happy Hunting!

OP
OP
piggman1

piggman1

Silver Member
Apr 7, 2007
Austin, TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle Spectrum, Compass X-100, Whites Beach Hunter ID, 2 Whites Spectrum XLT's

Prober said:
Hey Dave, sorry your day started out so sucky! It was like reading the story of my life. ::)
Looks like my finds...mostly pennies. They all add up but I'd rather dig up quarters, they equal 25 penny holes. I haven't been out in a few days, no money for gas. Wife got paid today & gave me some gas money...I'm just about ready to go. ;D Maybe tomorrow or Sunday. You must sleep with music; I can't do that, I keep listening and singing along in my brain, then I stay awake. Did you maybe get a power surge? Lightening in the area? When I hear it's going to storm I unplug the phone line to my computer; lost two in the past due to the phone line. I believe my surge protector phone line is blown cuz when I plug the computer in it I don't get a dial tone. Don't be forgetting about house #4 and the ring.

Yea, I sleep with music. If I don't, I think too much to go to sleep. With music I just listen and fade away. It wasn't a power surge, the light socket shorted out and I had to replce the whole thing. #4 is still on the top of the list, but I will probably do it last with all the stuff being stored in the back yard, there is so much back there that there is little ground to search. I'll probably start back with house #1, and work my way to it.

doozis

Jul 31, 2007
Virginia

You did a good job of rescuing what started out to be a terrible day.
Grats on the load of coins , tomorrow will be better I'm sure :)

Doozis

Treasure Tom

Jun 22, 2007

Wow...Piggman...what a way to start the morning. :o Glad you got out detecting.

Tom

treasureguy

Jul 24, 2007
central wa st
Detector(s) used
garrett ace 250

the most consistent detectorist on tnet, wtg on all the finds piggman, , sure do enjoy your post, have a good one and happy hunting, later tg

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6

Looks like you started off with a bad day but it ended well.

Hope you don't have too many more of the bad ones, especially like the one in your post. Wow.

Ray S

RON (PA)

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2004
Pittsburgh, Pa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre & Tiger Shark

You sure did have a bad start to your day. I'm glad that it got better in the end. Nice haul and congrats on a third day of 100 coins. Hope tomorrow is better for you.

Tinman

Jul 5, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, 9" Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

You better pull that switch plate cover off and check it out. ???

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread