Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all, Damnails and I went to our honey hole Union camp today but couldn't get in the field we wanted. ( hay not made yet ) So we went to the bullet bank. This is a steep bank close to the camp that is an area probably half the size of a football field. We have had a lot of luck here and I am sure this was a target practice area. Once I found 3 bullets in one hole. Today I found 36 bullets in 1 hr 45 minutes. Twice I found 2 in the same hole. I found 13 in a area about 10 ft square. Damnails also found a pocket full. This would be a heck of a spot to take a kid. It has rained here for the last two days and conditions where perfect. We got signals in places we have been over many times. We felt like we where being hogs, so we moved on. Will be a great place to go if you are in a slump. Had a great weekend, hope y'all did to. Thanks for looking. HH RN

Attachments

• 1435520748700.jpg
    1435520748700.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 6

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'd say you made one heck of a withdrawal. Congrats on all the bullets. Amazing hunt, all that in under 2 hours. :notworthy:

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
god job relicnut!, that's the type of stuff I would love to find
good job on that spot, I bet its a good one for a later time!

I-DIG-IT

Silver Member
Mar 23, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs. never get tire of digging bullets.

Lats

Jan 17, 2015
Westchester, NY
Detector(s) used
White Surf Dual PI, Ace250 with Double D Coil, Stealth 720i Hybrid, Beachmaster, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice finds. As a civil war buff i always enjoy seeing things like this unfortunately there isn't much of a chance of digging up civil war relics in New York State.

thrifty76now

Silver Member
Mar 18, 2009
Sunman Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT MINELAB SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just where in Virginia do you hunt? We hunted a union camp in Culpepper and found lots of civil war items.

OP
OP
relic nut

relic nut

Silver Member
Nov 29, 2014
VA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 TELEKINETICS 4000 GARRET AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just where in Virginia do you hunt? We hunted a union camp in Culpepper and found lots of civil war items.

We hunt mostly in the Shenandoah Valley. This property belongs to a friend of mine and has never been hunted. We have hunted it hard for two years and its starting to show. The bank is still loaded, but everywhere else its starting to thin out.

Last edited:

ALDEEZ777

Jul 14, 2014
Davenport, FL
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wish I had a CW site closer. While I have Camp Denison and Morgan Raid route. Want something good.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions