OP
OP
Iskuli

Iskuli

Jun 17, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Whites-DSL
Know the feeling....My hubby would rather get stabbed in the eye with a big stick than go metal detecting. He is amazed that I can hunt for an hour or more, find a hand full of change, and be happy about it. My daughter sometimes will go with me. Depending on the trash in the area, I give her a penny to five cents for every piece of trash she picks up in my grid area.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Just a little Country Girl here. My husband can't believe I love digging nails, I find something unusual looking, ask him what it is, 99% of the time the response is JUNK. I was painting some of my RELICS and he says "what are you doing, it's still going to be junk". No sense of adventure. He really does like it when I get out, I come back all smiles no matter what I find. Oh he did take it to work once to find a pipe in the ground they couldn't find, :P.

I think I speak for all us girls when I say "Thanks guys for all your help and friendliness!"

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now you all are describing my wife, Lori.

She could care less that I am out detecting, has absolutely NO interest in accompanyingme and merely says, "How about that," when I come home with my treasures.

The one time I can pique her interest is when the beach is included in any potential outing. Fresh or ocean (preferred), if a beach is in the offing, she'll be the first to pack my detector.

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
I can't get my wife interested in going out with me, unless it is a summer day and I'm going to the beach -- but I still have to set up her beach chair for her, etc. She's just not into MD'ing at all -- but she loves it anyway, because she sees how much I enjoy doing it -- and if it is something that makes me happy, then she's happy with the result! (As I am with all the things she is into that I couldn't care less about -- but if it makes her happy, then I'm happy for her.)

I think I've got a good marriage here -- although we don't have 100% overlap in our interests, we like seeing the other one enjoying themselves!

eathabs

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2005
Sunbury, PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 300, Classic ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Captain, isn't that what marriage is all about? Seeing joy in something that your spouse is doing and taking that joy and turning it into some type of compliment will pay dividends in the future. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

galaxy51

Sep 19, 2006
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE and XS, White's MXT and Classic ID
My wife and I enjoy a relationship similar to the Captain's. She is a teacher and will have the summer off. When I offer to teach her to detect she says she wants to sit in a folding chair and read a book while I detect.
It all kind of reminds me of my Grandpa getting a big grin while watching me receive a gift from him as a kid. When we mature we learn that giving can offer as much or more joy than receiving. My wife and I like very much to give to one another.

W

willrich

I am a man, but have found some really nice womens jewelery, I'm sure the women have found some really nice mens jewelery too, so it doesn't matter what race, creed, ethnic background, nor religion you are, we all can share the treasure that is still left out there, yet to be discovered.
I would be pretty sad if only men were thees.
I for one am proud to have the ladies swinging their stuff, right next to mine.
if you ladies want help, we're there to be glad to assist you in your recovery efforts.
I hope every laddie finds what ever she needs, and I'm sure there's a diamond for each of you. (o:
hugs ladies

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"...I think I've got a good marriage here -- although we don't have 100% overlap in our interests, we like seeing the other one enjoying themselves!..."

"...Seeing joy in something that your spouse is doing and taking that joy and turning it into some type of compliment will pay dividends in the future. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours...."

"...When we mature we learn that giving can offer as much or more joy than receiving..."

This then is the root of love isn't it?.. Being not so concerned with oneself that there is no room for another. I've always enjoyed the little sentiment that goes like this:

"Please dont walk behind, because I may not lead well, alone.
Please don't walk in front, because I cannot follow well, abondoned.
Instead, please walk beside, because together we get there as companions."

I for one am proud to have the ladies swinging their stuff, right next to mine.
In fact, there is little more that I would have the ladies do...

kd8hf

Nov 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & Classic ID
To me the important thing is "DETECTORIST", the man or woman part does not mean too much to me
since it's all about the hobby. ;D

HH

Gary

Captain Trips

Jul 24, 2006
eathabs said:
Captain, isn't that what marriage is all about? Seeing joy in something that your spouse is doing and taking that joy and turning it into some type of compliment will pay dividends in the future. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours.

Well, yes, absolutely, but may I suggest we include a few more words: "Isn't that what marriage is supposed to be all about?" Unfortunately, too many people lose sight of that fact.

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way off subject and I can't figure out how we got here, but.......my wife and I have absolutely nothing in common except the grandkids and kids. She likes the city, I like the country. She likes soap operas, I like reading....especially history. She subscribes to People, I take metal detecting and the American Rifleman magazine. She likes to go to chick flicks while I like Indiana Jones. She cries at movies, I fall asleep if I am with her. She likes George Clooney, I liked Gary Cooper rest his soul. She likes fast food especially Mexican food, the greasier the better while I like steak and 'taters. I'm overweight, she isn't. Go figure? So, how have we stayed married for 37 years? We laugh a lot. We find humor in just about any situation. We don't take ourselves too serious. We spend time rolling on the floor, clutching our stomaches with tears running down our faces. Putting it plainly, we laugh our a$$e$ off over nothing! When we have a layover at an airport we watch people go by and add captions to reflect what they might be thinking. For instance in Chicago we had 3 hours to kill and this guy in a derby hat with a bowtie walked by. He was walking rigidly barely moving his legs from the knees up with his rear end sticking out, really comical. I said he was thinking, "I sure hope the doctor can get this penguin out of my butt!" Kay said he was thinking, "I gotta see a doctor, my hemorrhoids are so bad I accidentally slammed the car door on them!" Toilet humor for sure but funny as heck at the time. Well, you had to be there. And we love each other too. Monty

Ant

Silver Member
Aug 6, 2006
Cali
Detector(s) used
Glold Bug 2 MineLab SE
I was surprised to see how many women are into metal detecting. That’s a good thing, male here. Hummm, that may be why they call some Gold Diggers. Come to think of it, I know a few ladies that are miners, lol.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
Bobbie is an avid and proficient detectorist and probably 90% of the time always finds more. She seems to have the knack for ferreting out the goodies. couldnt ask for a better partner
hh
dave+bobbie

T

TreasureTales

Man here. Was married once, don't remember why. She was given a choice...either accompany me on my forays into the wild to hunt, fish, seek treasure, explore the desert, look for artifacts, canoe, and dig bottles...or find a new husband. I think they're celebrating their 25th anniversary next month. ;D

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Guess, I'm lucky. I have a good wife. Her attitude is "Go have fun": Dig, Explore, Fish, Hunt...whatever your sense of adventure demands. Just come home and be my man, beside me in the night - not with someone else. I know a good deal when I see one... I happily oblige.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread