Wonderful gift of silver from my father (pic heavy)

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was telling my father about the silver Rosie I found in his back yard the other day over dinner , he said I'll be back. He then brought out a hoard of coins! He said these were your grand fathers.
And then started packing up another bag for me to keep!

I've never even seen these coins before and some are even UNC!

He then said "now dont go and post these on spacebook like you found them." Spacebook! :laughing:

I said dad "that would be a lie and would make me a fraud!" I'm happy finding clad all year and an occasional silver.

I'm glad I have something I can pass to my girls when they are older!
IMG_1082.JPG IMG_1083.JPG IMG_1084.JPG IMG_1085.JPG IMG_1086.JPG IMG_1087.JPG IMG_1089.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
darktower007

darktower007

Feb 21, 2017
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus/Vaquero/At Max/fisher f70/carrot pen pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I plan on using some of them in s test garden! I'm hoping it will help silver ID and tone recognition on the Etrac

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a wonderful gift ! That's an example for all of us to give good gifts while we are still here !!

Geobound

Feb 21, 2017
Ontario
Detector(s) used
XP Deus (2019)
Fisher CZ-21 (2019)
CTX 3030 (April 2017)
AT Pro
Garrett Carrot
Pro Pointer
Stavr Scoop Moonstrik 6
Stealth 720i (BNIB)
Home made beach scoop
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm going to be checking Spacebook to make sure you aren't cheating, and then repot you to your dad. :laughing7:

dsdigger

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2017
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Whites MX Sport, Whites Coinmaster, Minelab Explorer XS, Kellyco Vulcan 360, Lesche Digger, Rattler headphone, Park Ranger Bag by "Freeloader"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is great! I was coin collecting long before MDing. My father gave me some coins but my grandfather expanded my collection and I have almost all of them (let some go as a teen when needed cash, or so I thought). As you said you will be passing them on, it is a way for them to connect with their great-grandfather and who knows maybe one of them may pick up a desire to add to the collection and pass it on. Nice to see things valued passed along to be treasured from one generation to the next. Enjoy them!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread