Woo Hoo thats all I could say !

3searchin

Jun 20, 2006
3 in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Whites V3i, Whites TDI beachhunter
Two hunts good with good turn outs
The rugrats a I went out to try the new Ace 250 and spend some time outside. Needless to say we need more practice with the ACE Still learning to use it but the trusty XLT still pulls through.
We went to visit my brother who had just purchased a house on a 1/2 acre lot last year. So we decided to check it out. The house was built some where in the 1970's and we didn't expect to find much maybe some clad and/or trinkets, but after digging a few quick signals and pulling some pennies and a dime. We get a good solid quarter hit about 1.5" down. Start digging and nothing, I rescan the hole solid Dime signal about 3" now???? continue searching and out pops this large piece of soda can junk..........With a.......US on it. WOOO HOOO !!!! called the kiddies over and did the happy dance ! I think it's a box plate and I can't get a good picture of it, but its in good shape well at least better than the pictures show.....
That sparking the fever in the rugrats we then headed to our favorite picnic grove (old faithful). We spent about 2.5 hours finding all kinds of things. one 1964 silver dime, (9) wheat's (1950, 1944,1928,1921,others soaking), a few boy scout items, a really cool lansatic compass, a ring that says "Oran Africa 1943", a cool button, a lure (little cleo), a pin back, and a $1.06 in clad

The US plate is a first for us I wish I could get an better picture of it for ya. I'm still excited about it
And our first silver for 2009 !

Thanks for looking
3S

Attachments

• Dsc01410.jpg
    Dsc01410.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 437
  • front.JPG
    front.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 445
  • back.JPG
    back.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 457
  • lighting.JPG
    lighting.JPG
    64.7 KB · Views: 451
  • mr3-7-09.JPG
    mr3-7-09.JPG
    89.4 KB · Views: 433
  • 1964.JPG
    1964.JPG
    79.1 KB · Views: 439
  • button.JPG
    button.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 437
  • ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 435
  • lure.JPG
    lure.JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 431
  • wheats.JPG
    wheats.JPG
    25.1 KB · Views: 437
  • compass.JPG
    compass.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 434
  • lensatic.JPG
    lensatic.JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 428
Upvote 0

zaxfire69

Bronze Member
Jun 26, 2008
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 / Fisher F44
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome finds :thumbsup: Congrats on that US plate and all your other finds. What is the date on that Ring. Looks like it says Oran Africa 1943??? Could be a WWII Trench ring.

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, very nice finds! Congrats on the box plate.:thumbsup: Very interesting ring, too.

Those poor boyscouts....all those lost neckerchief slides. :tard:

HH

OP
OP
3searchin

3searchin

Jun 20, 2006
3 in Central PA
Detector(s) used
zaxfire69 said:
Awesome finds :thumbsup: Congrats on that US plate and all your other finds. What is the date on that Ring. Looks like it says Oran Africa 1943??? Could be a WWII Trench ring.

yep that's what it says "Oran Africa 1943" I was doing some research on it and I believe it is a WWII trench ring not in quite as good condition as the ones I've seen by doing searches on it.....

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome hunt and finds, great QT with the kids! HH, Mike

OP
OP
3searchin

3searchin

Jun 20, 2006
3 in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Thanks Greg23 and michiganne. I actually wasn't sure what exactly it was but it sounds like it's a box plate ;D

The S looks a lot better than the picture shows. I want to clean it up a little is olive oil good??

yeah we have quite a collection of neckerchief slides now.......usually pick one or two up every time we go there.

OP
OP
3searchin

3searchin

Jun 20, 2006
3 in Central PA
Detector(s) used
Buckeye Boy said:
Sweet US Plate ! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I hope to find one myself someday.
Stephen

I certainly wasn't expecting to find anything like that.....Not there. Unfortunately we were on a time schedule so we didn't stay too long but we're definitely going back...Soon

Bavaria Mike....

Always looking for QT with the kiddies....I'm just glad they like detecting too. One is hitting his teens so that'll change soon LOL (you know those dang hormones will creep in)

3S

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the boy scout pins those are some older ones WTG. I would hunt that place more often...Matt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread