Woodland cave dwelling

Christ_in_you

Sep 14, 2007
I must be real stupid, because I cant even get my profile pictures transferred. Anyway, I've been watching the forum and its been very informative. Im currently working a 125 foot cave dwelling with a long history of temporary use. I notice I dont see much in the way of grinding stones,nutting stones,hammer stones, paint cups, fire starter rocks and grinding bowls on the forum. Just curious why? Well,its been about 10 hours in the cave and im dying to post pics. Lots of bone tools, pottery shards,bird points, blades and scrapers. Found very nice 3 inch Adena yesterday. Not much experience with a site this size though. Broke a turtle scoup or plate today.Look forward to meeting you all. Pics soon.

Attachments

• 02-17-07_14071.jpg
    02-17-07_14071.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 445
Upvote 0

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christ_in_you said:
I must be real stupid, because I cant even get my profile pictures transferred. Anyway, I've been watching the forum and its been very informative. Im currently working a 125 foot cave dwelling with a long history of temporary use. I notice I dont see much in the way of grinding stones,nutting stones,hammer stones, paint cups, fire starter rocks and grinding bowls on the forum. Just curious why? Well,its been about 10 hours in the cave and im dying to post pics. Lots of bone tools, pottery shards,bird points, blades and scrapers. Found very nice 3 inch Adena yesterday. Not much experience with a site this size though. Broke a turtle scoup or plate today.Look forward to meeting you all. Pics soon.

Let me be the first to welcome you to Treasure-Net
&, no you aren't 'stupid', we all have to learn the ropes, without my
'computersavvy' daughter I wouldn't be here today. :-\
The post just below yours is a grinding bowl, (on today).
Sounds like you have quite a 'hot-spot', looking forward to your pic's.

HH, Fossis.............

P

pickaway

Hello & welcome please post some pics of your finds,as far as the artifacts you mentioned not being discussed seems like alot are not found got to find em to talk about them.I just found 2 abrader stones yesterday that ill be posting soon.Sounds like you have got a good spot.I to just got permission to hunt on some property with 1 large cave and 9 smaller ones i plan on going out this week from what ive been told the larger one has a carving or painting or whatever you call them in it. :o

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Christ_in_you said:
I notice I dont see much in the way of grinding stones,nutting stones,hammer stones, paint cups, fire starter rocks and grinding bowls on the forum. Just curious why? Well,its been about 10 hours in the cave and im dying to post pics. Lots of bone tools, pottery shards,bird points, blades and scrapers. Found very nice 3 inch Adena yesterday. Not much experience with a site this size though. Broke a turtle scoup or plate today.Look forward to meeting you all. Pics soon.
Years ago I used to pick up manos, metates, mullers and items like that. Not anymore. You run out of room quickly, and frankly, I just got tired of lugging them out. Sometimes I take pictures of them and leave them, other times I don't even do that. I do have some very informative pictures that I thought about posting sometime, but haven't found the time (or ambition) yet..lol.

Where is your shelter located? General area, I don't need GPS coordinates or anything, hehe. Here's a tip...start outside. People somehow always think that the most will be inside, but that's often not the case at all. On many shelters, I have found that the majority of the items will be just immediately "outside". No way I'd be playing in a shelter this time of year, too many slithering demons.

OP
OP
Christ_in_you

Christ_in_you

Sep 14, 2007
Thanks for the welcome. I live in NW arkansas. I will try to download pics tonight.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
I'm very close to you, in NE Oklahoma. No wonder the terrain looked familiar! Be very careful playing in them at this time of the year.

ohioriver hunter

Apr 12, 2007
Christ_in_you said:
Can,t wait to see them pic,s,sounds like you struck gold! Jeff

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
I can't wait to see that adena! Sounds like you're on a great site.

xstevenx

P.s Welcome to the T-net family

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! I really like your screen name! ;D

I won't be the person to help you out regarding information of artifacts like that, but I will be waiting to take a look at your pictures... it sounds interesting!

Bran <><

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
not good close pic but there in there

Attachments

• indexCAS5JGOH.jpg
    indexCAS5JGOH.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 353
  • indexCAS5JGOH.jpg
    indexCAS5JGOH.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 351
  • indexCAS5JGOH.jpg
    indexCAS5JGOH.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 350
  • indexCAS5JGOH.jpg
    indexCAS5JGOH.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 354

steve71

Bronze Member
May 9, 2007
TX
dont know why my other post doubled on me.man your a very lucky person hope you score some awesome artifacts.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread