woods question

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Down the road where I deer hunt there is what looks like a large well filled with water made of brick surrounded by a brick building of some sort fallen down. Also in a other woods there are 2 trash pits that are very old Ive taken several old bottles from these and they are right by another. Just wondered any technicues are advise , what are the chances of finding coins by the old dumps. They have been there awhile cause of the crcoks and pottery plus any steel is all but rusted away. Just some thoughts. Dave :icon_scratch:

coin finder

Jan 5, 2007
Detector(s) used
Beach Hunter ID 300
Hi, Dave This is coin hunter Form Long Island New York. about your Question about (trash Pits) (old Dumps. be very carefull you Don't need to get tetanus shot because of a Old Can or Bottle. you may find some old coins. wear a Good set of Gloves good luck. coin hunter ;D ;D ;D

sqwaby

Apr 13, 2008
Do you know if its actually a well or maybe a cistern. If its a shallow cistern it might be worth checking the bottom for a cache. Same for the well if its not to deep. Be careful as these things can be on the verge of collapse.

gnewt

Jan 5, 2008
Tx/Al
Detector(s) used
Spectrum XLT/ White
That sounds like a great place and the treasure may be deeper than normal. That would depend on the age of the place and the type of soil. If I had the time and was hunting there I would do a lot of digging. No matter what you are told on here by me you would be the expert after searching. Be safe and take a mate with you to to help in case of an emergency. Precautions others mention are from experience, thats the way we learn, stuff could happen to us. HH Gnewt

OP
OP
D

dasherhunting

Jul 8, 2008
ohio
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Never thought of the glass around the dumps gloves would be smart. It may be a cistern I should check it soon since no rain Im sure its empty it was full of water this spring when I mushroom hunted thats when I looked at it close. They put caches in cisterns or wells? I will be hitting it though, the ace 250 is already itching lol. May be to brushy right now have to check it out.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread