Woohoo silver dime!!!!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Okay so to most of you this is going to be no big deal, but I finally got a silver dime when I was out detecting today. The strange thing is I have only found one other silver coin a 1957 silver quarter, the dime is from the same year. I didn't find the coins in the same place, they were about 45 miles apart from each other. Found a lot of other stuff that most of you wouldn't bother with. The dog chain was a weird find as well, it was about two inches beneath the surface and I thought I had found some kind of ring when I dug the end up, gave it a hard pull and it just kept coming out of the ground. The little lamp pin looks like it had a place for four small gems, all missing. The other oval shaped thing is something I am not sure about.

Thanks for looking. Found a TON more trash we just didn't keep it.

Attachments

• all stuff.JPG
    all stuff.JPG
    228.7 KB · Views: 444
  • silverdime.JPG
    silverdime.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 451
  • silverdimeback.JPG
    silverdimeback.JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 441
  • silverdimeedge.JPG
    silverdimeedge.JPG
    32.2 KB · Views: 454
  • lamppin.JPG
    lamppin.JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 429
  • totalchain.JPG
    totalchain.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 424
Upvote 0
Congrats on your first silver dime!!!!!

congrats! cool little lamp too

HH
-GC

Far out man! The dog chain must have given you a chuckle. Keep diggin, the dog might still be there.

Congratulations on your first silver Rosie!

Feels good doesn't it? ;)

Ridley

Congrats. I'm still searching for my first silver dime. I've only been doing this for 7 years!

Way to go on the dime! Super on the other finds as well.

Congrats. How do you know what year on each coin that makes it silver? I'm a newbee. Thanks Frenchfry.

Someone correct me ifI am wrong. Any dime, quarter or half was silver prior to 1965. Some half-dollars were 40% silver until 1970. There is a special double-date bicentinial that was 40% silver with and S mint mark. That is what I think but again someone correct me if wrong. Please

Silver is always great to find. Congrats. If that one got you going, then you'll be supercharged when you start finding the Merc's & Barbers. Go to the older places, & you will start to find the older coins. Ron

Sweet find.. Nice to have a coin come out of the ground in great shape!!!
Ray

Congrats on your first silver!

I was stoked when I found my first Rosie last month, a 1956...
ended up finding a 1942 Merc in the same hole :o

Five more silver coins since and it still is a blast to see that silver pop out of the hole all clean and shiny ;)

Keep diggin'!

HH

Nickel_B

Wow! I wish I could find a silver coin someday. I know...you have been wanting to find a token, so maybe I can trade you one of my tokens for your silver dime or even that silver quarter you found. Just let me know. lol ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back