The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might be useful in the some of the more dangerous detecting spots (if true)...

http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/06/16/working-lightsaber-the-most-dangerous-laser-ever-created/

Working lightsaber ‘the most dangerous laser ever created’
Victoria Wells June 16, 2010 – 10:44 am

Star Wars fans rejoice: someone has finally succeeded in creating a working lightsaber. And it can be yours for only US$197.97.

Hong Kong company Wicked Lasers has manufactured “the most dangerous laser ever created,” a lightsaber with a blue beam that can burn retinas and set skin on fire.

The Spyder III Pro Arctic features a 1 watt laser the company warns is the most powerful portable laser available. The beam is a thousand times more powerful than sunlight on skin and the manufacturer warns it could cause cancer.

It’s definitely not something you want to give to your seven-year-old Star Wars fanatic.

Warning: Extremely dangerous is an understatement to 1W of laser power. At close range, this Class 4 beam will cause immediate and irreversable retinal damage. Use with extreme caution and use only when wearing proper safety goggles with an O.D. of 3+ is required and 4.4+ for longer exposures.

For your convenience, the Arctic comes packaged with free safety glasses.

World Lasers says it ships the lightsaber to over 70 countries, Canada included.

Read more: http://news.nationalpost.com/2010/0...t-dangerous-laser-ever-created/#ixzz0r9No1wO3
The National Post is now on Facebook. Join our fan community today.

Attachments

• arcticlaser.jpg
    arcticlaser.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 152

savant365

Silver Member
Mar 28, 2007
Northwest Missouri
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Re: Working lightsaber ‘the most dangerous laser ever created’

I'll wait until they improve it 1000% over the next couple years...then I'll take two of 'em :thumbsup:
I can see the remake of "Christmas story" now "No Ralphie, you'll burn your retina out"

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread