go figure

kenley

Nov 2, 2008
Seminole County, Ok.
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My Marine son completed his third tour in Iraq last Winter. They were ready to board the plane ( civilian charter) in Kuwit. The powers that be came through and collected all the small bottles of mouth wash, shampoo, foot powder, etc because it was too dangerious. They then shouldered their M-16's and boarded the plane.
Last week, my Army son was boarding a plane in Main for Afghanstan (first time there, but three previous in Iraq.) they took their Gerbers and Leathermans and made them dis-assemble their weapons. Have you ever heard of such bull? We need a Ronold Reagan.
The Humvee was the third the Army guy had shot out from under him.

Attachments

• Sgt. David Myers.jpg
    Sgt. David Myers.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 138
  • SSgt (Medium).jpg
    SSgt (Medium).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 147
  • David\'s Humvee.jpg
    David\'s Humvee.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 144

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They could take over the plane barehanded. They use Gerbers to open bottles and guns to keep their hands clean. God keep them safe and thanks for their service. I hope they get a BIG "Welcome Home" each time they return and I'm sure they do. :icon_thumleft:

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sounds like they don't trust our own soldiers...Fort Hood perhaps...

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Strange, you must be very proud of your sons, tell them we appreciate all they do.
My retired Army Major (nephew) now helps build the armored Humvee's to try & keep them safe.

Fossis.............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread