Working my trommel video

jmoller99

Jan 8, 2010
Colorado Springs, Colorado USA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT, Goldmaster Vsat, 5900, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300 and Falcon MD-20.
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks great. Do you have any plans, or references to plans that you used to build your trommel?

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I looked at a lot of different ones and just built it from out of my head. I used all the good ideas and things that I liked. Tried to keep it as simple as possible, less things to break that way.

Feb 27, 2006
SUSSEX COUNTY, NEW JERSEY
Detector(s) used
Whites Eagle II SL 90
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Minny GOLD RUSH ALASKA. Real cool. Thats what i should be doin right now, instead of sitting in front of my computer. Tell us how you did at the end of the 5 yds ,or at the end of the day. RALPH

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jog :hello2:

Awesome job! and I see you have no water flow problem :icon_thumleft:
I also really like the wide sluice with the properly spaced riffles.
The external spray bar works great as well!

I see you run your drum a little faster than I do, but the tailings look clean so It must not be too fast.

GG~

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ralph of north jersey said:
Minny GOLD RUSH ALASKA. Real cool. Thats what i should be doin right now, instead of sitting in front of my computer. Tell us how you did at the end of the 5 yds ,or at the end of the day. RALPH

"Well" to tell you the truth I gave all the concentrates away to my 74 year old partner who is in the video, also gave one clean out to another old miner who is a Veteran and diserved every bit of it and then some. I didn't ask what they got out of it but they have hinted that they did alright. I will wait until next time, maybe!

jog

OP
OP
jog

jog

Bronze Member
Nov 28, 2008
Tillamook Oregon
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT / GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoodyGuy said:
Jog :hello2:

Awesome job! and I see you have no water flow problem :icon_thumleft:
I also really like the wide sluice with the properly spaced riffles.
The external spray bar works great as well!

I see you run your drum a little faster than I do, but the tailings look clean so It must not be too fast.

GG~

GoodyGuy
"Yes" I have been working on the spray bar system and have got it working very well, now I have a real 12" trommel. I am running right at 47 RPM, a bit faster than what I wanted but if I need a longer wash time I just flatten out the trommel and it takes longer for the rocks to go through which in turn washes them better. I am in the process of building another and will correct a few things on the next one. I ran 4-5 yards and burned a half tank of fuel on the trommel, It gets good milage.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread