WORLD’S SMALLEST COIN !!

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
WORLD’S SMALLEST COIN !!

Yeah, that’s what I thought I had found today. Although my detector was singing out loudly that there was something there, I like to never found it it was so small. Even with my trusty Bullseye pinpointer it was next to invisible amongst the woodchips. Had it not glinted ever so slightly in the bright sunshine I would still have missed it! GOLD MAYBE? Nahh... not even I coin really, I think it was a charm from a bracelet or something and the little eyelet broke or something.
Hello again everyone, I’m still on vacation, and still have loads of free time, so I got out to play a little more today again. That’s three days this week I’ve been able to go detecting. It was considerably warmer today though, as I didn’t get out till late in the afternoon, and the humidity is up again as well. UGH! STICKY AND MUGGY... I only hunted one schoolyard playground today because of it. What can I say, I’m an air condition junky on days like this. If I’d have gotten out earlier in the day I might have hit more than one tot lot, but alas, only one today. Not that it was a bad thing though, still managed to pull in a variety of goodies and a fair amount of clad. I found a 1938 Wheaty for one, probably some kid brought for show and tell and then lost it. Bummer. My gain though. <smile> Here it is with that world’s smallest coin I like to never found... but did.

Smallest coin.JPG

Wheat Comp.jpg

Speaking of small finds... I had another nearly impossible to locate target just a few minutes later. I thought perhaps it was going to be another one of those tiny coin/charms, but it turned out to be a stylized rivet. A STAR! Still just a rivet from some kid’s jeans though I think. Aggravating to have a loud definite target and not be able to readily see it to retrieve it. Just have to keep looking and use a LOT of patience.

star.JPG

And, like yesterday, I had a surprise appearance of another Presidential Dollar Coin... This one is James K. Polk. Our 11th President. Wow! And on the fourth of July no less! COOL!

Pres.JPG

Yeah, even though it was Hot and Muggy and I was sweating like a W... well we won’t go there. Let’s just say I was sweating profusely... but I was having fun. So when I dug up this next little fella holding his banner up high telling me to “Join the Fun”, I was already there man!

Rabbit Comp.jpg

I don’t know if that little rabbit was supposed to be a school mascot or a game piece or what the heck... looks like cast metal, maybe Pewter? Note the date on his butt. ’06- ’07. For the school year maybe? I don’t know, probably never will find out, but it was an interesting find. So was the Airplane engine that I found next. Okay, so it’s not an engine, that was my first thought when I saw it, looks like a miniature representation of a Wright Patt Cyclone engine like many used in aircraft during World War Two. It’s not an engine at all of course, it’s a Cylinder from a toy cap gun. <grin>

Cap Cylinder.JPG

Something a little more familiar to schoolyard playgrounds, is the occasional key or sometimes even a lock. I’ve never found PART of a lock before though. I did today. One of the tumbler “combination” rings from a combination lock. Took some cleaning to finally identify it, but that’s what it is.

Combo Lock comp.jpg

Like finding pull tabs most anywhere you go, when you hunt tot lots and playgrounds you’re going to find zipper pulls and buttons and snaps. Today was no exception. Even found to large SOLID Metal buttons that look as if they may be gilded (spelling?).

Buttons1.JPG

Buttons2.JPG

... and then there was the bling. Yes, I found another couple of rings. Well, one ring and one pendant I think. Both junk of course, but still neat finds.

Bling comp.jpg

Like I said earlier, I only managed to hunt one tot lot today seeing as I started out so late in the day. That and I’m a whimp from enjoying the nice cool air conditioned “man cave” that is my basement family room. <smile> So my clad totals weren’t nearly as impressive as my last couple of posts, but still, since the schoolyard I hunted is literally just down the street and barely a block and a half away from my home, I spent next to nothing in gas!

Clad.JPG

I think I got my expenses covered with that $6+ what do you think? <grin> Oh, and before I end this post, I thought I might add in a picture of this cell phone I found while driving yesterday. Call it metal detector reflexes or habit, whatever, anyway I saw this object nearly laying on the stripe in the middle of the road near an intersection. At first I drove right past it before it registered in my conscious mind that “HEY! THERE WAS SOMETHING LAYING THERE IN THE ROAD!” So, I turned around down the street and came back, got out and retrieved it. It was this phone. I’m thinking someone either had it laying on the dash of their car and lost it as it slid off and right out the window as they turned at the intersection. Or perhaps they had it sitting on the top of the hood or the roof maybe and forgot it was there.. till it was gone. In any case, no matter how it came to be there, I found it and picked it up. I had to wait till I was parked (at the grocery store) before I could see if it still worked. Well it does... and it doesn’t. The trip to the road apparently damaged it more than just a few scratches. I could turn the phone on and off, but the screen doesn’t work. So much for looking for a number with which to contact the former owner of the phone. It doesn’t have a “SIM” card like my phone does, and it’s with a different carrier than my service. Guess I’ll just toss it in the recycling bin for old phones and electronics. Still, I tried.

Cell.JPG

Do good intentions count towards good Karma? I wonder. Oh well. If Nobody’s said it to you yet this weekend... HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY... HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!! And if you get some time or inclination to get out and play... as always...

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Frodov

Frodov

Bronze Member
May 24, 2007
Lexington, KY
Detector(s) used
Whites Prism IV / Bullseye II pinpointer
Mr Tuff said:
neat dream charm :icon_thumleft: i found one like that last year but mine was marked with a tiny 9.25 MR TUFF

Yeah... if it was as small as this one, the 925 would have to be absolutely tiny! You either have a fantastic magnifying glass or you have very good eyesight! <grin>

~HAPPY HUNTING~

Frodov

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread