Worse than nails and pulltabs

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
Went on a beach hunt yesterday and found my worst find so far...

A buddy and I went to Useless Bay on Whidbey Island, and it is perfectly named! Hunted for a couple hours, only found a few nails and a couple of pulltabs. Decided to hit another beach nearby, so headed back to the car. Hunting through the driftwood on the way back and sat down to take a break. Sitting there, I saw a small black bag (smaller than a fist) that had washed up behind a log. Something was printed on it, but I couldn't read it 'cuz it was tied in a knot at the top."Hey, look what I found," I says. My buddy starts getting excited, "Open it! Open it!" We're trying to guess what it might be. I shake off the sand, tear it open and discover.... It's got another black bag tied in a knot inside. :o Now we're getting excited! It must be something good since they double-bagged it?!! So we make a few more guesses and tear it open......

It was a bag of dog poo ::) :D :D

Turns out, part of the beach is an off-leash dog park. We had commented on how everbody else had dogs with them, how we were the only ones without a dog. And walking back to the car we noticed two more neatly tied bags sitting on logs, waiting for the owners to pick up on the way back. Evidently, the park supplies the bags, with a picture of a dog on them "Take it with you" or something like that, but we couldn't read it because it was tied in a knot.

Well, it was a glorious, sunny day. We went to the next beach and didn't find anything good with the MD, but we did find lots of cool rocks, had a nice picnic, and turned out to be a really nice day. We had a good laugh about the poo, and I'm sure it'll be one of those 'lasting memories'.

Care to share your 'worst finds'?? (I already read the one about the needle, yuck. and scary.)

Thanks for reading and HH - Kilika

lumbercamp

Jun 22, 2006
Ha. Was just thinking, what if you would have taken the bag home in your car to open it. In the mean time you forgot to take it in the house and the bag was in your car on a hot day with the windows rolled up. Phew!!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
~ahem~

Did you search thru the poo? This was most likely poo from the dog that ate that 3 kt. diamond ring yesterday.

This was a pile of poo worth over 12 thousand dollars.... and you just threw it away...

OP
OP
K

Kilika

Apr 6, 2007
NW Washington (State)
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, GMT
LOL

To tell the truth, my friend, (who turns 70 this year) thought it might be something smokeable. ;D It was kinda petrified, not much odor :D :D

A goat's head? :o Eewww THAT's gross! I feel better already!

Suddenly, nails and pulltabs don't sound so bad ;)

Lafitte

Apr 20, 2007
Western NC
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 Sore Legs
Hi Kilika,
Not to poo-poo your find or anything, did you check it with your pin-pointer? Many dogs love to eat coins. I'm not trying to dump any blame, just asking. I mean if a dog takes a big "Bush", and someone feels the need to hide it, it could reveal an odorous secret....OK, I'll stop, I'm pooped. I couldn't help myself. ::)

MEinWV

Bronze Member
Mar 10, 2007
West "by god" Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fishers CZ5 and 1280X
Stuck my hand in a fairly fresh poo pile on a night hunt at the beach. After cussin and cleanin, I pulled a penny from under that pile.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
just be glad it wasn't a horse riding beach ;D ;D ;D Ivan

BioProfessor

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2007
Mankato, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-Trac, White E-Series DFX
Worst find: freshly used condom wrapped in it's foil container. Gotta learn not to dig foil. Note to self: Don't put foil in your pouch in your effort to help clean up the beach. Especially if it is kinda leaking.

Daryl

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE
diggummup said:
That's funny! My worst find at the beach was a goat's head,gotta love S.Fl.! :o

I think MY worst find was that stinking goat head, diggum. That thing was just.......memorable(NOT in a good way).

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
BioProfessor said:
Worst find: freshly used condom wrapped in it's foil container. Gotta learn not to dig foil. Note to self: Don't put foil in your pouch in your effort to help clean up the beach. Especially if it is kinda leaking.

Daryl
Ohh thats just, I dont know what to say, yukk. Once while hunting I was overcome by the urge, so I hide in the woods and did my thing (covering my dug hole after of course). Later I thought wouldent have been Kinda devilishly fun to throw a quarter in there for the next M.D. er to "find".
wesfrye53 said:
I dunt keer who ya'r, dat dere's funny!

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
My worst so far was a big blue fishing boat glove that had washed up on the beach. I like to take all the trash out so I went over to pick it up. When I touched it it scared the crap out of me. it was hard like it had a hand inside but it turned out to be just filled with sand and the rubber was cooked hard from the sun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread