Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thought It was gonna be a productive day,had three killer lookin' site's to obtain permission from.All three had the same reply,"we don't allow that here".Wasted half my day running down the road to hear this.Just like trying to find a place to deer hunt these day's,far and few between.Anyway here are some very meager find's at the old playground.Very frustrating to say the least.......Had to vent...Thank's and HH!!

Attachments

• 2006_0218Image0002.JPG
    2006_0218Image0002.JPG
    32.3 KB · Views: 308
Upvote 0

The Beep Goes On

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2006
Houston, TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Excalibur II, V3i, TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And so the worm turns...the luck will be granted to you...keep trying civilman.

Not a bad bunch of clad ;)

HH!
TBGO

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Try a different approach....take a female with you. I've never been turned down! ;D

Sorry, that didn't help you any. Just keep trying!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about your bad day Civil. :'(

But you know what they say....there's more fish in the sea! ;) Just because those few got away doesn't mean you won't catch a good one your next time out!

Nana ;)

Attachments

• beachwarmup.JPG
    beachwarmup.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 303
OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
haupin said:
Try a different approach....take a female with you. I've never been turned down! ;D

Sorry, that didn't help you any. Just keep trying!
I don't think my wife would like that...she still can't understand why I spend $5.00 in gas and only come home with $4.99 in clad..

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank's Nana....I needed that breath of fresh air.....HH!!

bk

Bronze Member
Jan 19, 2005
SE Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE pro, Minelab Explorer XS, Garrett Freedom II (3), Garrett pro-pointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I think we have all been there. Next time you will probably get "go ahead and have fun".
Hang in there!

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Civilman1 ....I would say you had a rough day!!
being turned away is a bummer, then having to go back to old reliable and find a some clad coins...Plus seeing #8 bite the bone at the end of the race to Tony stewart...What else could happen....Then seeing all those nice Pictures of Beaches with the water and blue skies...When were sitting here in 10 below zero wind chill temperatures....
WAIT !!!! There is life beyond all that the DAYTONA 500 is tomorrow site back with the boys and enjoy a few Cold ones and enjoy !!!!! lol ;D ;D ;D Enjoy the Race !!Tomorrow is another Day..........Seeker

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know bk,just thought these were easy pickin's.Go to the next three,who know's.These people in Montgomery Co.,Md's poo don't stink if you know what I mean.Move on..HH!!

OP
OP
civilman1

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey Seeker,thank's for the vote of un-confidence.......Tony who?Just kiiding....Enjoy the race tommorrow...Happy #8

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know how you feel. I had a guy tell me a month later it was OK after he told me no the first time. Burdie

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats ok civil,I have a half a dozen other places for us to ask at.Got to look at the bright side though, we have over 1000 acres to hunt at the 3 sites where we DO have permission.Dont sweat a small race today for tommrrow we will see #8 in winners' circle.

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
im with ya! getting permission can be tough. out of the six letters i sent out two weeks ago, all six shot me down.now i have another six im sending off tomorrow. the one upside is that there are literally hundreds of sites in the county to check out, and now i have found an easy way to track down the owners.sooner or later someone has got to come through with a yes!

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
keep plugging along civilman, your yes will be coming. In the meantime keep accumulating the clad ,remember it can be used towards a weekend at Ocean City for you and your wife later this spring or summer. Good luck and keep us posted of your finds
hh
dave+bobbie

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good luck on your next hunt! Tsgman

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear. I've only had 2 people say no but here in Germany, people aren't worried about lawsuites. I have many new permissions to obtain so my 2 could turn into double digits, LOL! HH and I hope you find a good spot, Mike

Findone

Jan 20, 2006
COPE SOUTH CAROLINA
Detector(s) used
DFX,XLT and Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi everyone,
My eleven year old son, and I have just started detecting before the ground got to hard to dig over 2 inches here in NH. We have spent our time researching and getting permission to detect. It may be that I have the young one with me, but we have yet to be turned down. This is a great hobby to get a kid started in. He really loves it. It's a great farther& son,uncle & nephew, uncle$ neice, grand and grandchild,and even neighbor bonding sort of thing. Like they say take a kid (detecting) fishing. ::) Just my two cents!
Good hunting,
Leon

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread