Worth the time?

Ronzie

May 27, 2009
Southern Ontario
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Outlaw w/Garrett pinpointer

past machines - Minelab Explorer SE Pro/ Garrett GTI 2500 /Garrett GTAx1000
Sure why not. I've done a few old school yards and found silver coins.
Do you have to wait until they close?

Kray Gelder

Gold Member
Feb 24, 2017
Georgetown, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Heck yes. Hit the loitering area near the bus loading spot, sidewalks, shade trees, outdoor picnic tables, playgrounds and ball fields. Going to be trashy with gum wrappers and such, but should be worth the effort. Good luck!

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
We will have a big consolidation coming up next year so we're looking forward to that too. Good luck with yours.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Why wait...go there this weekend and work it hard! :icon_thumleft:

GL & HH

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2018
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I'd have been on those schools a long time ago.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
YOU BET they are. Anybody tells you they're hunted out is waiting for you to go elsewhere! ╦╦Ç

sprailroad

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2017
Grants Pass, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Garrett A3B United States Gold Hunter, GTA 1000, AT Pro, Discovery Treasure Baron "Gold Trax", Minelab X-Terra 70, Safari, & EQ 800, & Nokta Marko Legend. EQ 900.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can answer that in three words. yes, yes, and YES.

OP
OP
rjeffw

rjeffw

Mar 27, 2017
Western North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hopefully in the next week or so I am going to head out there and give one of the old schools a shot.

Gare

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2012
Canton Ohio Area
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently using Deus 2's & have Minelabs, Nokta's Tesoro's DEus's Have them all . Have WAY to many need to get rid of some
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"I better check it out for you..to see if it’s worth it." Rustygold i am so DISAPPOINTED in you !!! You should have said WE (YOU AND ME) will check it out for THEM :)

Last edited:

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
"I better check it out for you..to see if it’s worth it." Rustygold i am so DISAPPOINTED in you !!! You should have said WE (YOU AND ME) will check it out for THEM :)

I know, I know! Let’s check it out together. I’ll buy lunch if you bring two of those fabulous horses.

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
So we have three schools in my area that are going to be consolidated in the next year. All three have been active since the early 1900's. Are these worth digging once they close up?

Where you at in Carolina? You'd likely make many friends here if you told us where you are :)

Dr. Witty

Jan 8, 2015
Upstate NY
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Makro Racer 2 and Makro Kruzer
Garrett Carrot pro-pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
all the Schools around here are getting makeovers, that mean a lot of dirt piles sitting around. Don't forget to search those piles since it's mostly top soil.

OZARKS

Banned
Sep 16, 2013
USA
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, AT PRO, Fisher F44,F2, F5, E-trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I hit all three last summer ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread