Would U turn down an all expenses paid trip 2 most places in the world? -I Would

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't care to fly in general, but I have zero interest in ever going to Africa, South America, most places in Asia, or most places in Europe. They don't interest me, and I do not like being somewhere where things like the legal system can be very different.

The places that I would consider would be the UK, France, Spain, Japan and Australia.

I'm just someone who prefers to stay either in the US or Canada, preferably digging holes. :thumbsup:

So anyone else who would rather take a trip to the next state than spend a all paid week somewhere like India?

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but France, England and Spain are all in Europe. I love to travel and have little fear of breaking any laws as I would think most are commonplace. There is nothing like seeing the various sights each country has to offer, and then there's the food :headbang: The experience of having different dishes is worth the trip alone. I guess the only cuisine I haven't tried is African, other than that I love them all.

P.S. Regarding the African food, I'm talking everything other than Egyptian food.

OP
OP
Iron Patch

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Would U turn down an all expenses paid trip 2 most places in the world? -I W

spartacus53 said:
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but France, England and Spain are all in Europe. I love to travel and have little fear of breaking any laws as I would think most are commonplace. There is nothing like seeing the various sights each country has to offer, and then there's the food :headbang: The experience of having different dishes is worth the trip alone. I guess the only cuisine I haven't tried is African, other than that I love them all.

P.S. Regarding the African food, I'm talking everything other than Egyptian food.

I also hate to be the bearer of bad news, but you have to pay better attention to what you're reading. :wink:

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
I adore traveling and experiencing other cultures....it's a passion of mine. Once again, despite *almost* being arrested in the Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem, Israel. Long story.

But now air travel is such a huge pain in the arse < so> IF I go by air...I'm doin' it big, meaning far/exotic.

In the meantime I'm having a blast traversing the hiways and biways of this great country and heading out next month for another true American road trip adventure.

But... if someone else is buyin....i'm flyin! hell yeah!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A to Z

all expenses Paid, "ALL"
including Passport & Any shots Costs ?
I don't even wanna pay for
a Loaner Car's gas ("Leave your Money at home,
It's no good here" Is what I want to hear)
& Private Jet with Smoking allowed.
NO BS at the Airports Security
("I Know I'm not a terrorist", Saying this should
Be good enough for airport security).

:tongue3:
I'd say Hummm :wink: :sign13: ;D to

Australia, Bahamas,Bali, Belize, Canada, Cayman Islands, Czech Republic,
Egypt, Georgia (the Country ) , Germany, Haiti, Jakarta Indonesia
(Because for some reason I like the name Jakarta) ,
Jamaica, Mexico, Peru, Russia, Thailand, Turkey,
Ukraine, or Wales.

But Detecting would have to be on the Menu
because I'm EASY to satisfy :coffee2:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I only travel by motor home . I got to have the freedom to make any detours or change any plans at any time during the trip without any worry about reservations. I might boondock in the middle of some woods, on Wallmart's lot or in Flying J stations. The fuel cost more,13.5 MPG, but thats all folks. I buy my food at the wallmarts when I stay there. I metal detect on gold claims for at least a week without leaving and sleep on a foam queen bed while there. In the morning I fix sausage ,eggs, toast and coffee and open the door and start detecting! Beats the hell out of airport security hassle,overpriced and sometimes dirty motels, reservation hassle and no vacency signs.
P.S. I don't travel in Mexico any more and I don't go to Canada.

The spell check doesn't work so you are going to have to live with my corrupted English!!

mainer

Silver Member
May 3, 2005
Maine
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im with you IP. I dont have really any interest in traveling. I have been to other states and everytime I get there all I want to do is go home. So yes I would turn it down.

B

BigDan

I'll take jeff of pa's list and add Costa Rica, New Zealand, Indonesia, Ireland, almost any of the exotic islands of the pacific, and probably dozens of others I'm not going to bother thinking about.

But my favorite mode of travel is still by car, on backroads looking for privately owned non-franchise restaraunts...interesting people, and usually a combination of detecting, surface surveys for rock and artifact type items, and genealogical research.

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The biggest problem I ran into on package deals, free trips, etc., is that I would much rather plan my own trip and set my own itenerary. I use to grab the package deals to Cancun, Bahamas, Belize, Jamaica, and those people seldom saw me again until it was time to get back on the plane. I'd never do a cruise for the reason. I'm just not interested in the party aspect or the usual tourist attractions at all. I like the backroads and those places off the beaten path.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem in :read2: it just so happens that you named 7 countries in Europe that you would see. I guess the point is that my short list of places to visit is less than the places you would like to see. I think that traveling abroad just offers a great sense of adventure. I know I would be tired of eating tuna sandwiches everyday for the rest of my life. :laughing7:

I'm with you Bigscoop, there's nothing like beating your own path and doing things in on your own schedule. I pay no attention to the brochures that are handed out for the tourist traps. I quickly spotted where the locals went to eat and dined there too. As far a structured tour, that is also out of the question, but I will tag along with one to hear about certain segments of an area. :icon_thumleft:

When getting an opportunity to see the whole ocean, why only relegate yourself to the wadding section and only get your feet wet :dontknow:

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Well Spart, the truth of the matter I think is that I like the wading pool. I decided a long time ago that I wanted to see the whole USA. I have gone thru 4 motor homes. My kids have seen the big parks like the Grand Canyon & Yellowstone and now that I am alone, I am finishing up the country. At 73 there's not that much time left so why waste it getting out of the wading pool? I think it goes under the heading of "TO EACH HIS OWN"

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"To each his own."
"Live and let live."
"Enjoy the ride."
"Live your own adventure."

Dang, suddenly I feel like taking a road trip! :laughing7:

DanFL1962

Jan 8, 2010
Lawrence County, PA & Brevard County, Florida
Detector(s) used
AT-Pro & BHID
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm with Vibes. Love to experience cultures and customs that differ from our own. Been to China four times and would go back tomorrow if I could. Have seen most of USA but Alaska is high on my list of places I'd want to see next.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NEVER, I would accept in a minute, ready right now !!! .

I have been to most areas in the Pacific basin, with the exception of Aussie land. Spent weeks inside of the forbidden city in old Peking completely by myself, camel rides on the Gobi, guest of honor on a long 'mary kai kai' in the Solomon islands - Dinner of a roasted young girl - ( fortunately, I was able to cop out by claiming an evil witch doctor's curse sniff and couldn't eat), lots of sympathy.

Traveled all through the then unknown Yucatan / Quintana Roo jungle country looking for Mayan ruins, then into the still unknown barrancas of North Western Mexico, including the barranca de Cobre. . Looked for lost Jesuit mines, now Own Tayopa, and am in the last stages of finalizing / uncovering the Jesuit /Dutch plot to take the Americas away from Spain and on.

I am having fun, and would love a chance for 'extended' time in South America, the upper regions of the Perene'.

Yep, I am ready as quick as you can use that credit card, just give me time to get my tooth brush. Can I take Vibber, Marc, and Dan ?
VDon Jose de La Mancha

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Frankn said:
Well Spart, the truth of the matter I think is that I like the wading pool. I decided a long time ago that I wanted to see the whole USA. I have gone thru 4 motor homes. My kids have seen the big parks like the Grand Canyon & Yellowstone and now that I am alone, I am finishing up the country. At 73 there's not that much time left so why waste it getting out of the wading pool? I think it goes under the heading of "TO EACH HIS OWN"
If your travels take you through northern WV let us know . We got a couple places to park an rv
on the farm . Not far from the bbq pit and shore power available .
I'll keep trying to enjoy more of America when I travel .

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
To answer the question, no, I wouldn't turn it down unless it was to someplace extremely unsafe (there are places where being an American is hazardous to ones health due to the world situation). To pay my own way, I don't have a huge interest in traveling abroad mainly because there's so much of my own country that havent seen. I've only been to a few places in a few states, based on what I have seen, I know it probably couldn't compare with what I haven't seen.

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Africa for 7 animal's and then New Zealand for 2 :tongue3:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real de Tayopa Tropical Tramp said:
NEVER, I would accept in a minute, ready right now !!! .

I have been to most areas in the Pacific basin, with the exception of Aussie land. Spent weeks inside of the forbidden city in old Peking completely by myself, camel rides on the Gobi, guest of honor on a long 'mary kai kai' in the Solomon islands - Dinner of a roasted young girl - ( fortunately, I was able to cop out by claiming an evil witch doctor's curse sniff and couldn't eat), lots of sympathy.

Traveled all through the then unknown Yucatan / Quintana Roo jungle country looking for Mayan ruins, then into the still unknown barrancas of North Western Mexico, including the barranca de Cobre. . Looked for lost Jesuit mines, now Own Tayopa, and am in the last stages of finalizing / uncovering the Jesuit /Dutch plot to take the Americas away from Spain and on.

I am having fun, and would love a chance for 'extended' time in South America, the upper regions of the Perene'.

Yep, I am ready as quick as you can use that credit card, just give me time to get my tooth brush. Can I take Vibber, Marc, and Dan ?
VDon Jose de La Mancha
I wanna go! I mean you do need some muscle don't ya? ;D :thumbsup:

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Before I even think of going anywhere overseas, I have to visit the only two states I haven't been to yet, Maine and Alaska. :thumbsup:

Although when I and if I go to Europe, I will have to do some detecting in jolly old England. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread