Would you still CRH if ????

Dozer D

Silver Member
Feb 12, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Now that NOBODY won the $900 million Power Ball lottery, and that by next Wednesday it is expected to be at least in excess of $1-billion, would you still CRH? What would you do?
For me, it would be fun to CRH, but I would have Brinks/Garda/Loomis deliver directly to my mansions back door, so I can have my helper Donald Trump receive & date check each coin, then have them ready for the next bi-weekly shipment being returned back to the coin vendors. Yah, right, just kidding. But I can dream like everyone else. But yes, it would make CRH have a different flare on what to do with SILVER.

Upvote 0

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Absolutely! You still need hobbies even if you're filthy rich!

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd probably CRH a lot less. But I would be CRH on a beach somewhere. Maybe while I'm being fed grapes by some beautiful women.

Liu21

Dec 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/BH Platinum, (Garret Pro-Pointer)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would start up a coin counting business, "CoinSort". putting machines at supermarkets, malls, and banks if they allow it, charge 4% giving 3% to the host business. keeping 1% for myself, to cover expenses. I take the coins home and sort through them, after wards Brinks or garda would come to my house and make a pick up..

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would definitely contract with a courier myself. Would be a nice way to pass the time. I could see doing 50-100 boxes a week for fun. I could even fill an armored truck and have the clad driven far far from my house.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People also say they won't quit their menial jobs with a win into the 100's of millions, but they eventually will. The money will change your perspective immensely. The thrill of finding silver coins worth a couple of bucks "for free" would be totally killed by having a bank account with that many zeroes. Finding a few of something you could buy a million of without even missing the cash would soon have no appeal whatsoever. That would be similar to Bill Gates dumpster diving for used computer parts.

iammoleman2

Oct 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know. I'd like to think so. Maybe I would search old BU rolls rather than circulated. That would be cool.

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I did a thread asking the same question a couple years ago on here, at that time I thought I would keep on doing the hunt but I totally agree with Arkie on this one, I think that I would be too busy doing other things and not worrying so much about finding silver anymore when I could just simply buy some if I wanted to. HH, Maverick.

silveraddict

Jan 9, 2016
Primary Interest:
Other
Warren Buffet is one of the wealthiest men alive and he probably owns more silver than anyone else. Do you think he is also a CRH'er?

coinsareawesome

Bronze Member
Apr 6, 2013
Mid-Atlantic Region
Detector(s) used
Ace-250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I actually believe it would be more fun to say you're fired to Gordon Ramsey. Maybe he'll yell at me and throw some pots around but he couldn't do anything about it.

mxh5891

Feb 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The more I think about it, the more I think I would most likely quit all together. I would just buy myself a nice collection of key date coins and admire them whenever I wanted. I would be to busy enjoying that billion dollars. I CRH because I never know if that next roll has a sweet payday. It's like every roll is a scratch off ticket that you get to return and get your money back if it's not a winner.

GlenDronach

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did a thread asking the same question a couple years ago on here, at that time I thought I would keep on doing the hunt but I totally agree with Arkie on this one, I think that I would be too busy doing other things and not worrying so much about finding silver anymore when I could just simply buy some if I wanted to. HH, Maverick.

I agree. I might stop doing it consistently, or change volume. But it's something I do as recreation, and finding it is a lot more fun than buying it for me. At that point I'd be doing it for enjoyment and it wouldn't matter if it made financial sense.

I'm sure I'd have my hands full doing things and investing in things, but I'd like to think I'd act responsibly and maintain interest in the things that matter to me.

FormerTeller

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
I'd definitely stop buying boxes. I'd probably keep working on collecting, just with vastly higher quality coins. I'm already buying more than I hunt now, with CRH finds down as much as they are.

Vdubguy

Jul 31, 2013
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 (current detector)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Garrett AT Pro (first detector, no longer have)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember the scene from Willy Wonka when the guy has all his employees opening chocolate bars looking for the ticket? Well, that's what it would be like if I won the powerball, only it would be boxes of halves instead of boxes of chocolate bars.

TheMastermind

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2012
Pennsy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I probably would not. But I would become a serious coin collector, buying all the priciest coins and maybe even whole collections so that I could amass the single greatest coin collection in history.

baddbluff

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2011
vegas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd stop buying boxes of coin & start buying pay dirt and scratchers

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions