Wounded Indian Rescued From Waterline.

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Folks. Headed for therapy along the Rock River @ Lowell Park in Dixon, Illinois. Searched for awhile up above the river and was not getting much. Hit the river bank and rescued the wounded 1885 Indian Head Cent. Looks like Annie Oakley popped a cap in it's butt.:o:laughing7: It was right on the waterline and just beneath the surface. Kinda' weird as I have covered this area several times and usually just find zinc and modern coins? Also found the aluminum Jumbo Jet ring where they removed a shelter. I was hoping for some barber silver there as they ripped up a good chunk of dirt but alas it was thoroughly seeded with pull tabs and no coins I could find. Got a 1936 D wheatie on the river bank break off swinging vertically. Found the General Electric thingy and not sure what it is? I also found "part" of a Zincoln which seemed to snap apart? Damnable fake money is worthless!!!:BangHead: Had a great day and found some cool stuff. Hope ya'll have a great Sunday Funday. Kurios1

Wounded Indian Lowell Park 002.JPG Wounded Indian Lowell Park 004.JPG Wounded Indian Lowell Park 007.JPG Wounded Indian Lowell Park 008.JPG Wounded Indian Lowell Park 010.JPG Wounded Indian Lowell Park 011.JPG Wounded Indian Lowell Park 012.JPG Wounded Indian Lowell Park 013.JPG Wounded Indian Lowell Park 014.JPG Wounded Indian Lowell Park 015.JPG

Upvote 27
OP
OP
Kurios1

Kurios1

Silver Member
Feb 25, 2017
FEMA REGION 5 North Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Nokta Impact Whites DFX 300 & M6 Matrix, Minelab Explorer II (2), Makro Red Racer & Racer 2, Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a cool Indian Head. It looks like it went through a time warp. Forget the spinners...You can make your own fidget by spinning this thing on an old nail!

I am loving the character the Battle of Wounded Knee Indian Head has endured. It certainly stands out from the rest of my IHC's. Maybe I'll turn it into my good fortune mascot and keep it in my pocket? Nah, I'll just loose it.:nono:;D

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've found several wheaties that have been shot, but never an IH cent. That's pretty cool!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread