Wow 2 Large Cents in 10 minutes!!!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
What a finish to the year...first of all, if this is global warming...being able to detect end of December in New York until after dark (yes, i couldn't stop when the sun went down)...then count me in (for global warming)! I get to this old Rev War era house, one of a few we have searched before in this area. At this one there were three large cents had been found in the past. I've found I think 5 large cents total in about three years, I'd have to count, but I think that's right. So, what are the chances of finding 2 in 10 minutes!?!!??! Well that is what happened today..get a great signal and out pops this nice 1800 large cent (on right of photo)...i whip out the cell and call Earthworks...large cent!!!, large cent!!! (I yell in the phone)...i clean it off, he congrats me and I go around the area some more,,,10 minutes later...nice signal...out pops this next one 1816 Matron Head about 5 feet from the other one....i didn't even start cleaning it off, I call Earthworks...ring, ring..."hello" -- "ANOTHER ONE, I GOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!" (I yell)...spent a few more hours there and found a faceplate to a lock for a skeleton type key,,but forgot to photo it..will have to do that when I take more photos. Thanks to Earthworks for making this photo better than it looked when I emailed it to him to fix up. He would do a better job if he could photo it himself. Happy New Year all.

Attachments

• phil(1)_edited-1.jpg
    phil(1)_edited-1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 770
Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
way to go Phil!! you guys are just awesome at lining up spots to hunt up there! whatever it takes to sweet talk people into giving you permission, you definitely have it! congrats!

Ed-NH

Bronze Member
Feb 4, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer ll
Man I'm psyched, I love old copper. Huge congrats on those finds they are fantastic!!!!!!

OP
OP
bergie

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
Thanks, all, Mountain, that is four this year and I believe seven total (career; have to go count to be sure).

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
congrats - nice finds~

HH

kieser sousa/rip

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
upstate N.Y.
Detector(s) used
Fisher cz-20/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Bergie ! Nice ! were ya at in NY ? Found 3 in one hole this summer ! Got 5 that day,and a total of i think 9 this year.Cleaned some the other day after reading some of the post's on cleaning coins here with pretty good results.HH !

Attachments

• Mvc-023s.jpg
    Mvc-023s.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 677
  • Mvc-026s.jpg
    Mvc-026s.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 670
  • Mvc-027s.jpg
    Mvc-027s.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 663

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
very cool, i don't think anyone has ever done it faster

HH
-GC

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
bscofield6 said:
Wow! Just great digs! I'm still trying to find my first!

Yeah, I'm with Brian - wow and I'm still trying to find my first! :D

Been a great week for me too. Congratulations and good luck in 2007!

Bob

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How exciting Bergie!!! :o What a GREAT hunt!

Congratulations and Happy New Year!!!!!!

Nana :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread