Wow 2 Large Cents in 10 minutes!!!

bergie

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2004
What a finish to the year...first of all, if this is global warming...being able to detect end of December in New York until after dark (yes, i couldn't stop when the sun went down)...then count me in (for global warming)! I get to this old Rev War era house, one of a few we have searched before in this area. At this one there were three large cents had been found in the past. I've found I think 5 large cents total in about three years, I'd have to count, but I think that's right. So, what are the chances of finding 2 in 10 minutes!?!!??! Well that is what happened today..get a great signal and out pops this nice 1800 large cent (on right of photo)...i whip out the cell and call Earthworks...large cent!!!, large cent!!! (I yell in the phone)...i clean it off, he congrats me and I go around the area some more,,,10 minutes later...nice signal...out pops this next one 1816 Matron Head about 5 feet from the other one....i didn't even start cleaning it off, I call Earthworks...ring, ring..."hello" -- "ANOTHER ONE, I GOT ANOTHER ONE!!!!!!" (I yell)...spent a few more hours there and found a faceplate to a lock for a skeleton type key,,but forgot to photo it..will have to do that when I take more photos. Thanks to Earthworks for making this photo better than it looked when I emailed it to him to fix up. He would do a better job if he could photo it himself. Happy New Year all.

Attachments

• phil(1)_edited-1.jpg
    phil(1)_edited-1.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 770
Upvote 0
P

PHANTOM35

I CAN'T WAIT TO FIND MY LARGE CENTS , LIKE YOURS. COOL FINDS THERE . WAY TO GO.........

Gribnitz

Aug 1, 2004
Dang Bergie, that sure is a great way to bring in the new year! How you going to top that at the end of 2007 ?

funkman

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2006
Middletown, NY
Detector(s) used
AT Pro & Ace 250
Great Job with those 2 large cents Bergie!! We definately have to get together on a hunt. You have the best spots!

HH

Funkman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread