wow what a site!

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
Hi, I stumbled upon this site yesterday before going to do some detecting. Some truly amazing finds the members here have made! I have a Whites 6000 DiPro that i have had for about 20 years. It has been a great detector. I had to replace the coil about 5 years ago. I used to detect a lot when i was a kid. I dont do it much at all anymore. But once in a while Ill take it out and do a little hunting. Yesterday after looking through some of the pics on this site and getting all fired up to find some treasure i went out. I went to an old park which i know has been searched at least 100 times. I went and tried the less obvious places. I didnt find much, but i was very very pleased with what i did find. The silver coin (1905) was about 3" deep on top of a hill in a wooded area. It just popped out of the ground. The first thing i did was to check it to make sure i didnt gouge it. Seems like that happens on the really nice coins. Gotta love the way a silver coin looks when you free it from the ground. Also had another reading fairly nearby and found a 1903 IH cent. two 100+ year old coins made my day! Also found a token which says "join the cracker jack mystery club". Here is a pic. Ive always liked the history of the finds and the mystery of not knowing what you might find. Everything you find has a story to tell. If only they could talk.

Happy Hunting folks!

Attachments

• coins.JPG
    coins.JPG
    34.8 KB · Views: 1,507
Upvote 0

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Moon,

welcome to the board.

Nice group of finds.

"Ive always liked the history of the finds
and the mystery of not knowing what you
might find. Everything you find has a story
to tell. If only they could talk."

So true.

have a good un..........
SHERMANVILLE

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
These folks sure can get you fired up with there finds! Check out my nails someday ;).

Love the cracker jack token, any idea on age? Gotta love the 100+ coins!

Welcome aboard!

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice digs and welcome~

HH

Lonewolfe

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Welcome Moonshine!

Nice finds there! ;)

Ridley

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum ! Those are some pretty nice finds. Keep up the good work ! Good Luck and keep us posted.

Huntin' 59er

OP
OP
moonshine

moonshine

Dec 29, 2006
Detector(s) used
White's 6000 Di/Pro, E-Trac
Hey you folks must be good luck or something. ;) Thanks a lot for the kind words! :) I went back to the park today for a couple hours. What a nice day to be out. Im from NE Ohio and it was 52 and sunny today, extremely unusual. Anyhow I got a good reading and kicked some leaves away and laying there was a 1941 Merc.! Found some old wheaties. then just as it was getting dark i got some quarter readings and they and a few dimes were sprinkled around. I figure someone must have taken quite a spill and lost all their change. It was getting really dark and i got another kinda jumpy quarter reading but it was deeper, maybe 4". i thought it cant be from the same guy. So im digging and WOW the beautiful circle of silver was seen sticking out of the dirt! I couldnt beleive my eyes, a barber quarter! Unfortunately i gouged it a bit. arghhhhhh DANG.. :'( :'( Take a look.

Attachments

• coins2.JPG
    coins2.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,286
T

TreasureTales

Moonshine, those are some awesome finds. WTG. Hope you'll return often and post more pix of your finds...both current finds and things you've dug up earlier.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread