wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Since you believe the wreck is buried under the sand, I would say your best bet is to use a magnetometer to ID the location of anchors cannon, and other metal remains. These will prove to be your best bet in pinpointing the location of the main wreck site.
The alternative is to use divers with detectors. However, 1 square mile is a lot of ocean to cover in this way, and depending on the depth of the wreck under the sand, you could be on top of the wreck and never know it.
First I would check the local area and see if anyone has a mag. Then see if they will rent it out or maybe do a mag survey for you. The alternative is to buy one (expensive), I would look at eBay, as they come up for sale every once in a while. If you are mechanically inclined you could even build your own. There are plans posted on this forum free to download, along with a few subject matter experts whom have much knowledge and experience building and using magnetometers.

Happy hunting

OP
OP
nashwen

nashwen

Jan 10, 2005
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi wreckdiver
Thanks for the info I?ll try and source a magnetometer locally, I'm in the Uk so there probably isn't as much of this sort of stuff around here, Its an interesting wreck which surprisingly has never been properly searched for before, I think the technology must now be available to locate it, so I'm going to have a good shot at it this coming season. If you have any further ideas or possible sources for a magnetometer I could try here in the uk please send me a pm.

Regards
Nashwen

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread