WWI relics found in France

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I saw this article in Facebook, and figured you guys would also be interested. In WWI a bunch of German soldiers surrendered, and their helmets and gas masks were thrown in a dump. A fellow in France read a letter from that time, and with help of some of the locals he was able to track down the dump. The stuff was in a very wet peat type soil, and is extremely well preserved, including original paint on the helmets. I copied a bunch of pictures so you won't have to go to the link if you don't want to. Here are the pictures. Keep in mind, they have been in the ground for almost 100 years, are very rare, and worth quite a bit of money.

After Studying The Letters Of A WWI Soldier, This Guy Dug Up A Cache Of Incredibly Preserved Relics

So here are some pictures of what he found.
C.jpg
C1.jpg
C2.jpg
C3.jpg
C4.jpg
C5.jpg
C6.jpg
C7.jpg

NOLA_Ken

Gold Member
Jan 4, 2011
Formerly New Orleans.. Now Pueblo Co
Detector(s) used
several, mostly Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw this too..... I can't even describe how envious I am of a find like that! Camo M-16 Stahlhelms with the liners are running over $1000 with asking prices around $1600 for nice ones... the ones they found should still fetch $800 or more each.....

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
No fooling, I know a guy isn't supposed to be envious, but I'm green with envy. I can't even imagine finding stuff like that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread