Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
X-Terra 6" 7.5 Khz coil - Anyone?

Greetings,

I posted this on another site recently when TNet was down, but I got no replys. Tnet is back now, and I'm looking for a reply. :)

(The narrow detection pattern of the Minelab X-Terra 6" Concentric 7.5 kHz Round Search Coil makes it the best coil for high trash density sites. In addition to offering excellent pinpointing, it is lightweight and perfect for tight access areas including playgrounds and home sites.)

Those words sucked me right in.

I just purchased this coil new on Ebay. I was hoping for a DD coil but seeing as I could use a 6" anyway I figured I'd give it a shot. I got it for about 3/4 the retail price after shipping. Not too shabby...

Does anyone else have this coil? How do you find it performs vs. the stock coil?

Also, to those who have tried it... is it waterproof as they say? I am skeptical about that one. :) You won't catch me submerging it until I know for sure.

Any tips are appreciated.

Regards

stasys

Jun 13, 2009
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer xs
Re: X-Terra 6" 7.5 Khz coil - Anyone?

Hello Geo in Lithuania where I live people like to use just one x-terra coil, double D 10 7.5khz and never bother them self for small coils, maybe because we hunt not in parks. your coil is definitely is waterproof and you can swim with and take it in the shower every morning :laughing7: good luck Stasys

OP
OP
GioTheGreek

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hahaaa Stasys, that sounds good... me and the coil will take a bubble bath.

My next investment will be the Double D... they are just hard to find and on backorder. :(

KurtB

Sep 8, 2006
Lincoln, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Xterra 70, CZ20, IDX Pro

I have used both the 6" DD and 6" concentric. I kept the concentric for the added stability and better iron and bottlecap id. My ground is mild so the concentric works well for me. That might not be the case for everyone. I haven't dunked it in the water yet but have had no problems in the rain and wet grass.

Kurt

OP
OP
GioTheGreek

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Right on Kurt, stability is good! :)

I can't see me getting this coil in the mail anytime soon. It's coming from the UK and they've been bombarded with snow recently. They can't handle the white stuff like us Canucks.

It's too bad, cause we're mild and snowless (for now), I was hoping to get it out and give it a test run before things freeze up around Eastern Canada. lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread