X-TERRA70

T

TREETOPPER

I watched the dvd and the 70 looks like a winner. I think what i like most, is how easy it is to cancel out trash. I've been researching every multi purpose detector out their for the past 3 months and think this might be the one. 90% of my hunting will consist of coin and relics near Austin Texas, with the remainder, hunting gold in the Mojave desert. Is their anyone that has experience with the X-TERRA70 ?

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, X-Terra 70 & Excalibur 1000
I have an Xterra 70 with all three coils. It is lightweight and extremely easy to use. I like the fact the the numbers are so easy to read and it only uses four AA batteries. I like it.

ScottNewMexico

May 7, 2006
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Also this machine is reported to do pretty well for finding gold nuggets according to Chris from Arizona Outback. He really spoke highly of it! Said it was a strong performer for the price class in which it resides.

Rob66

Bronze Member
Jun 30, 2006
California
Detector(s) used
Whites new coinmaster-Teso Silver Max-Minelab GT
Any good on the beach and wet sands?I heard the csi 250 was made for underwater too.Any truth in this?

Dick from IA

Nov 21, 2005
Fort Dodge Iowa & Aransas Pass Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I do like my X-70, which I've had for three months. Only 35 hours on it so far, so I'm still learning. Having some problems with can-slaw acting like silver, but think I'm getting better at sorting them out with the pinpoint mode; if the tone drags out too far when pulling the coil away, it's probably junk.

Looking forward to trying it on Atlantic beaches next month.

DFIU

Willy

I have an X70 w. stock and HF DD coil. With the HF DD on it will give the dedicated VLF gold detectors a run for thier money. I find that it seems to be a bit more sensitive than the MXT (with which I'd nuggethunted in Ak.) with a markedly superior disc. mode. I find that the PP mode is somewhat of a joke, especially when hunting in AM mode. When coin hunting, I turn down the AM sens. and leave the Iron-mask on, and use it to PP. When hunting in AM, I just turn the tracking off to PP. ..Willy.

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
Beach - works fine, wet sand - doesn't like it at all. I did find a penny while working the lane but you get a lot of falsing in the wet sand.

L

la

does anyone know where i can get a dvd on the x terra 70

Farmercal

Mar 20, 2003
Earth
Detector(s) used
I believe youtube has some videos free for the watching.

NH Bob

Jan 22, 2007
NH
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
The X-Terra70 coupled with the 10"round 7.5 kHz DD coil is a killer for deep old coppers and everything else. I hunt along side an Explorer and match find one two one.
Most of these few coppers dug last summer were 12 -14" deep in an old stage stop.

Attachments

• COINS ONLY 028.jpg
    COINS ONLY 028.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 619

starsplitter

Jan 20, 2007
The 70 does not work well in wet sand? Is it the detector, or is it a matter of coil and adjustment? Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread