Xcal 1000 - Servicing

SandyBottoms

Sep 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Xcal 1000, II, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi All,
New here and new to MDing. I picked up a used Xcal 1000 last Fall and finally got it to the beach this summer. Amazing machine. Everything seems to work just fine with it. No gold yet, but finding dozens of coins (and bottlecaps!) every time out at my local NYC beach. I'm still learning the tones.
Since I'm this Xcal's third owner and it's a seven year old machine, I'm skittish about taking it underwater. Does anyone have any recommendations for how to get my machine inspected and serviced to make sure it's sea-worthy and to find out what might need fixing before I submerge it?
Many thanks,
Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally I wouldnt be concerned about it but if you are when the season is over you could send it to Kellyco, they are an authorized Minelab repair center and can give it a good going over.....

Call Kellyco and ask to speak to Barry in the repair center....

OP
OP
S

SandyBottoms

Sep 16, 2014
Detector(s) used
Xcal 1000, II, ATPro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thanks for the reply, Treasure Hunter. Will do as you suggest and meanwhile I'll keep digging... Here are some of my finds on my first day hunting...
IMG_0061.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0061.jpg
    IMG_0061.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 104

sonnar28

Dec 2, 2011
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice work, the gold is out there waiting. Keep digging!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Since you have the knobs half off, do your machine a favor and check the top o rings....anyone who has a Excalibur more then a few years old should pull the knobs and check all once a year....while checking load them up with a good silicon grease for the up coming season....I seen several and put out the word last winter and many were surprised to see...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread