XLT depth & pro pointer problems (related?)

mapper123

Feb 6, 2007
NW South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Garrett ace350
I am running the stock coin program & searching in very mineralized red clay....the detector has a difficult time discerning between a coin & a 6" plow point. To make matters worse I am using a Garrett pro pointer & it works well most of the time, some of the time I will try to recover a target at 5-6" & when I get that deep the pointer becomes surrounded with a target (indicates a target in the bottom of the hole & the sides up to about 4" from the surface)......I have dug much deeper & wider & never find a target. Thoughts ?

Twinkletoes

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
White’s TDI Beach Hunter PI / Minelab Excalibur 1000 / White's MX Sport / White’s XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you are using the original "Rainbow" loop, the frequency is probably out of phase. Send the detector and loop back to White's in Sweet Home, OK. They will update the loop for less than $30. Make a wish list and send it along with the detector. White's will treat you right! They completely overhauled my XLT including $120 headphones, loop, display, etc, and shipping for $150. Good luck! H Digs

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

mapper123

Feb 6, 2007
NW South Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's XLT,
Fisher F2
Teknetics Delta 4000
Garrett ace350
Thank you twinkletoes for the information. I read another post on the pin pointer problem that worked.......when it becomes saturated with mineralized soil the suggestion is to cut the pointer off, press the against the soil & turn pointer back on. I don't claim to know what is going on, but it works.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread