XLT

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Several reasons. Designed to use concentric coils and many prefer DD's. Concentrics offer better pinpointing plus better depth on pasture but on heavily contaminated ploughed fields DD is the way to go.
They also don't like light dry, fluffy soil.
Concentrics target mask more.
Wet beach performance is poor.
Cheaper detectors came along that offer good performance, almost in a switch on and go package. If your not going to use the various settings of the XLT/Spectrum's whose inbuilt programmes are frankly pretty poor then its better to take the simple route. The programmes can't really be optimised by Whites as they have to make them to work in all the hundreds of countries they export to. They are a starting point on which you have to build.

Then there's the fact that the DFX came along that solved the wet sand problems and didn't really cost anymore to build (apart from paying Minelab).

OP
OP
N

Nicademous

Greenie
Apr 18, 2012
FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm II
Whites XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Other
I've been trying some custom programs and I've heard some sounds I never knew the XLT could make. I think I bought to much of a machine to learn on. I find myself using the Prizm II more then the XLT, I live Close to the coast and go to the beach a lot. I'm also looking for an under water md because I'm on the water a lot to and I'd like to hit the local sandbar so I can find all those lost bottle caps. Lol. Thanks!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread