XP Deus Beeps on a Foreign Coin

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Happy Independence Day Everyone!!!

I went to another permission I pounded over the past year and ran the Deus there. Pulled a piece of a crotal bell, part of a watch, a bale seal , 2 wheats (52D & 53) along with 5 other cents and a foreign coin. :thumbsup: I am not to great at pin pointing yet and as I believe the Deus was locked onto a small nail. :dontknow: When I cut the plug and pulled the nail, I hit the hole again with the Carrot and found two pieces of the foreign coin I just cut with my shovel. :BangHead: I hope someone can help me ID the coin and that it's not rare :censored:

I also had a heart stopper moment during the hunt. I pulled a very thin piece that all I could see was it's side and it looked silver. Oh yea Baby I was hoping for another 1/2 Real, but alas it was just the washer in the pic. :sadsmiley:

I then proceeded to another farm permission that has not given up any old coins yet. Today was no exception, only dug 3 cents :icon_scratch: but scored another permission for an old house up in Lorain. :occasion14: They were leaving for a picnnc and told me I could stay, but I decided to do some clad hunting at a school in Olmsted Falls.

Today's Notables
edited with both sides of the foreign coin on the lower left.

20160704_165425.jpg

All FInds (less trash)

20160704_165343.jpg

As always, I hope ya'll got out and swung the coil :metaldetector: today.

GL & HH

Upvote 14

david680

Bronze Member
Jun 4, 2014
Salem, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think we narrowed it down to the S-1408 & the S-1437, only problem is they look the same.

coins of china, the Ch'ing Dynasty

Scroll down to the three vertical columns of 4 coins each, right below the opening paragraphs. Pick the obverse that matches your coin, I have it as top coin, right hand column, and click on it. Takes you down the page to where that obverse starts and then scroll down to match the reverse.

P@tch

Apr 9, 2013
mooresville,nc
Detector(s) used
minelab explorer 2, etrac, deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds loco-digger. Even better trade on the Deus. gl&hh

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
coins of china, the Ch'ing Dynasty

Scroll down to the three vertical columns of 4 coins each, right below the opening paragraphs. Pick the obverse that matches your coin, I have it as top coin, right hand column, and click on it. Takes you down the page to where that obverse starts and then scroll down to match the reverse.

I think you are right David, I'm still counting it as my oldest coin and that it's from the 17th century. "That's my story and I'm sticking to it" :laughing7:

Last edited:

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Delta 4000, Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Loco too hot here in nc today no wind or breeze just heat 100 in the shade lol

Keep swinging my friends!

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on the Chinese cash coin. They usually look like washers coming out of the ground until you wipe them and see the Chinese characters.

OP
OP
Loco-Digger

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds Loco too hot here in nc today no wind or breeze just heat 100 in the shade lol

Thanks Shaun, I would like to recommend that you get a hydration pack. The Camelbak I used in NC was given to me back in 2004 while serving in Uzbekistan. Put some ice and water it it and go hunting. The cool pack will feel good on your back and you have plenty of water to keep you swinging in the heat. :thumbsup:

SuperShaun

May 20, 2016
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Delta 4000, Nokta pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks Shaun, I would like to recommend that you get a hydration pack. The Camelbak I used in NC was given to me back in 2004 while serving in Uzbekistan. Put some ice and water it it and go hunting. The cool pack will feel good on your back and you have plenty of water to keep you swinging in the heat. :thumbsup:
I agree I just ordered me one 2 litter one. Some cold ice on my back sold me

TheHunterGT

Bronze Member
Feb 2, 2015
Central California
Detector(s) used
Anfibio Multi - T2 Classic - F75+ - G2+....and MANY more tested and reviewed.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Friggin awesome man. I can't wait to hit the 18 club...yet alone the 17 and 16 like you. Can't wait to get my hands on that bad boy! Congrats Loco-Digger!

Diggin Dude

Silver Member
Apr 6, 2014
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tarsacci MDT 8000
XP DEUS II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds LD! Keep plugging away with the DEUS, It takes awhile to get used to all the features but once you do it's hard to use anything else. It's so light. I use the CTX in trashy NYC parks but hopefully software version 4 will improve the DEUS performance in those parks. I really like that bail seal by the way, I wonder how old it is. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread