DIE HARD

Dec 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Welgund

Aug 27, 2014
Colorado
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, CTX 3030, CZ-6a, CZ 5, Tesoro Vaquero, Mojave, Fisher F75 Ltd2, MXT Pro, Makro Multi Kruzer, Deeptech VGG
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Go into the programs, select basic 1 or Deus fast, dont change anything else until you have about say 40hrs on it and learn the machine. Try not to look at the remote and go by the sounds. This machine is all about sounds. I like the 5 tones it worked with my hearing better. Basic 1 and Deus fast I believe are 3 tones, can maybe change the tones but dont mess with anything else until you learn the machine.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
All good tips above! Go slow and listen carefully. Don't forget to enjoy yourself!

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get a nickel, dime. quarter, foil, pull tab, couple nails, screw tops place them i=on the ground and sweep and listen. Then start mixing them up and sweep and listen. Best way to begin, you can start connecting the tones to what you see under the coil. And the mixing will give hints to what you may hear in the field/yards.

OP
OP
D

DIE HARD

Dec 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for all the help. Only got to test it for almost an hour today, but hit my first silver within 25 minutes it was a 1953-s Rosie at 7 inches.

Last edited:

tnsharpshooter

Jul 10, 2012
Tn
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus 2, Xp Deus 1, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's great. I think many over estimate the difficulty of running the Deus. Yeah for a wet behind the ears detectorist, yes, but for someone with some experience not so difficult. Look forward to seeing your future finds/success. Cheers

Aug 18, 2013
Pennsylvania
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus W/11" coil and 9" HF coil, Garrett AT Pro W/5x8 coil
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for all the help. Only got to test it for almost an hour today, but hit my first silver within 25 minutes it was a 1953-s Rosie at 7 inches.

That's a good way to start!

UncleTom

Jun 3, 2006
SEABROOK TEXAS
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS I and II, CTX-3030, Equinox 600, X-terra 70,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
keep your coil away from metal at startup.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hello all, I was wondering what some of you members know about tips with the deus. I'm getting mine tomorrow and need a somewhat explanation. I hunt mostly very trashy ghost towns with no remains but the nails. Any help will be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Lots of good info here. If you need more help feel free to call me. Be glad to go over it with ya.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread