Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying the waterproof deus package with cable, case, etc.

Have any of you tried the official XP case out? Is it a good product? I don't water hunt much, but I like the idea of having the waterproof case with the headphone attachment and the option to get my feet wet.

On another note, I'm liking the deus in the heavy iron. I do have some regrets not getting the 11" coil, only because upgrading to it is very expensive, but its separation I wanted from it originally.

I kept my Etrac though, and I plan on using them as a one-two punch.

Happy hunting.

Carolina Tom

Gold Member
Apr 4, 2014
Charlotte
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus V3.2 9" & 11" Coils, AT Pro, ProPointer AT, Lesche 55, 75 & 80LT
Primary Interest:
Other
I have the 11" coil and it is awesome... however, I would like a 9" coil for the trashy spots.

I don't think that the official waterproof case is avaialble yet... Bart indicated that it was available for "pre order"... he also seems to indicate that they will be available in August.

GL&HH.

OP
OP
GioTheGreek

GioTheGreek

Bronze Member
Sep 12, 2009
Hades
Detector(s) used
XP DÉUS, Minelab E-TRAC, Pro-Pointer, Hawk-like Vision, Receding Hairline
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OK, brother. Good to know! I'm back in Canada now. Hopefully someone up north has them in stock.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
OK, brother. Good to know! I'm back in Canada now. Hopefully someone up north has them in stock.

Apart from inspecting one, I don't have any practical experience with the Deus.
Anybody have any experience using a water proof case on a deus? Is it practical?
So I guess the control box remote is what gets the bulk of the water proof treatment.

Is the coil already waterproof? If so, reliably to what depth?

Is it truly and easily waterproof? Completely submersible? Is there any loss in performance? Does it require cables? Is it awkward in any way? How much does it cost? How much SHOULD it cost?

Thank you for your replies in advance. I am always happy to share equipment, life, or treasure hunting experiences upon request.

Last edited:

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
The content of this space is contingent upon principals acceptance, execution and or final disposition / funding of an approved product endorsement agreement
Primary Interest:
Other
or not......

JackalopeZL1

Bronze Member
Nov 22, 2014
Tennessee And California
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030, Deus 2, Soon to be manticore
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apart from inspecting one, I don't have any practical experience with the Deus.
Anybody have any experience using a water proof case on a deus? Is it practical?
So I guess the control box remote is what gets the bulk of the water proof treatment.

Is the coil already waterproof? If so, reliably to what depth?

Is it truly and easily waterproof? Completely submersible? Is there any loss in performance? Does it require cables? Is it awkward in any way? How much does it cost? How much SHOULD it cost?

Thank you for your replies in advance. I am always happy to share equipment, life, or treasure hunting experiences upon request.

It is good to 16' with the kit, There is a wire antenna that you clip on the coil and mount near the remote for underwater use. Yes truly water proof. I would do a google search though. A lot of info on this.

el padron

Oct 29, 2010
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Thank you. Sometimes the reviews based on actual usage differ from the promotional information.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread