Kookiemonsta

May 6, 2013
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Minelab XTerra 705
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been using a Tesoro Silver uMax for the past 2 years. I finally upgraded this spring and am very excited to be moving up to the next step! I bought an Xterra 705 a few days ago.

Today I went back to some of the spots I have already hit. First is a 1880's farm house which in the past I found a 1909 penny..... After 2 hours of re doing with the Xterra I found a quarter and a Dime, capgun, and matchbox car. Nothing worth while! I really was able to learn the different TID's and how the Xterra series performs. I love my Tesoro, so getting used to the Xterra was... different. Below are a couple photos of what I dug.. quite a few trash targets, but I did get a silver spoon! (first actual .925 silver spoon for me! No more silver coating!)

In the past with the Tesoro in my yard I have found a War Nickle, Silver Dime, and Silver Quarter. I have done my yard 5x times with the Silver umax. Went through the front yard with the Xterra and found a few pennies and a wheatie! The Xterra is getting at LEAST 3-4 inches more than the umax got.

I live in Minnesota and next week I am on a work trip to Virginia. The hotel im at is smack dab in the middle of 10+ civil war battles. Did a little research.. found out Virginia is NOT easy to detect in.. but I have a plan in place and am very excited for next week. There is a LOT U.S. history in the soil of Virginia compared to Minnesota/

Below are a few pics.
Highlists are a 1977 Matchbox FORD truck
1926-1932 Silver Spoon (13Grams!) GOGO SIVLER!
RARE Falcon 1950's Cap gun - broken, but very very cool find!

1_zpstowfmazx.jpg

3_zpsum4xtfbf.jpg

2_zpssklbm6vd.jpg

76_zpsahottpvh.jpg

I have found a Cap fgun from the 50's. Silver spoon from the 1920's. And a 1909 penny on the old farm property, but I just cant seem to pull any silver coins out. Wat gives!?!

Upvote 4

UnderMiner

Silver Member
Jul 27, 2014
New York City
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
S. Kirk and Son is a very high quality sterling silver manufacturer. Whoever lost that spoon was very well to do. Polish that silver up and put it in your treasure pile! :treasurechest::thumbsup:

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The 705 is awesome. I have owned a few Tesoro's (Cortez, golden max, Vaquero), and they are great machines. But sometimes it is nice to have the target and audio ID, and I really love hunting with the Xterra. I usually hunt in 99 tones and rely more on sound than anything else to decide what to dig. I discovered yesterday how sensitive it is to tiny gold, see my post for pics.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread