Ya know, I think Ill just leave the relics to the experts.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know, I think I'll just leave the relics to the experts.

I'm sorry, Quindy and all you field hunters. It looks like I just don't have what it takes.
I tried, but I just could not get past being disappointed every time it wasn't a 20 dollar gold piece! ;) :dontknow:

2015 (141).jpg
2015 (146).jpg
2015 (147).jpg
2015 (142).jpg
2015 (143).jpg
2015 (144).jpg

I think it says "NY CLOTHINGHOUSE BALTO.MD" :dontknow:

I think I need a good old fashioned clad day! ;)

2015 (145).jpg

Fishy's showing off his new trick. ;)
Fortunately, it doesn't take much to make them happy. ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 13

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
That button would cause a person to have a cardiac event in the hole WIF. Would look like a gold coin or NY CW button. Nice finds, Q.

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Don't give up now! The farmer will be making the choice for you soon, and then your imagination will tell you how that field is just riddled with old things.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey you did good! Nice walk made finds those two are happy, Congrats!

As for gold, remember several months back I "thought" I found a gold brick! Lol! Talk about deflated, my hopes and dreams were in free fall!
Also I didn't make it to the beach yet and I'm still staring at snow covering my front yard and the ground here is frozen....still.

You did well my friend, you did well!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't give up now! The farmer will be making the choice for you soon, and then your imagination will tell you how that field is just riddled with old things.
I'd been telling me that ALL WINTER LONG! I was out there for 6 hours today!! I either need a new attitude or a new field! :(

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey you did good! Nice walk made finds those two are happy, Congrats!

As for gold, remember several months back I "thought" I found a gold brick! Lol! Talk about deflated, my hopes and dreams were in free fall!
Also I didn't make it to the beach yet and I'm still staring at snow covering my front yard and the ground here is frozen....still.

You did well my friend, you did well!

But ya see, that's just it. In relic hunting I DID do good! But, without a good ole coin. (besides the whole wheat toast), it just doesn't get my itch!

At least I got some exercise! :dontknow:

Thanks!

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
I can tell your getting in shape for the water..!! Like the button..!!

toddsumm1

Feb 19, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro w/ProPointer/White's DFX 300/White's DFX/White's Eagle Spectrum/Radio Shack (Bounty Hunter)/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I would go back for sure. You are bound to pull some old coinage out. That button is a clue to era and it is a great find! I'm partial to buttons and large cents though.

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's all about the field, random field walks can be quite dry, I got lucky with mine, it was a random field walk where I stumbled upon a 1800s homesite that I had no idea that was there, cool luck huh

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can tell your getting in shape for the water..!! Like the button..!!

Naw, it's not that, I've been in the water before, remember? ;) It's not my favorite venue either.

Give me a nice old place and some really nice, old coins. That's my thing. :dontknow:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, I would go back for sure. You are bound to pull some old coinage out. That button is a clue to era and it is a great find! I'm partial to buttons and large cents though.

Might I find some old coinage? Sure! Already have. It's just that cornfields are tough places to walk, let alone hunt! I've already got something from the hunt. I'm ABLE to walk for SIX hours!! LOL It's just that every step is a struggle and that combined with fighting stalks on EVERY SINGLE swing!! For what I turn up??? Naw, just not worth it...to me.

I may still go there, once in a while, but, it wont be my first choice. I would sooner walk around the mansion grounds for 6 hours, even if I don't find a thing. It's simply more fun and easier to do. As far as having a chance at old coinage, I figure that my chances are just as equal in a school, park, church, yard, etc. Maybe even a tad better. Simply because it's easier to walk and swing. I've had enough "WORK" in my life. :dontknow:

Thanks for the kind words !

whammy

Oct 23, 2012
Conquest New York
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision, DFX, Eagle Spectrum
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta go with cjon. My Grandfathers farm fields have given me so much, and like cjon, way in the back I found an old homestead area. I've got my first spanish reales there, a couple dozen LCs, an old percussion pistol, round balls, buttons, and on and on. Also thought I had found my first morgan, but after cleaning it up at home, it turned out to be a silver coin from Bolivia, dated in the early 1800s. Don't give up on the fields, just try them maby once every fifth or sixth time you go out, and try different fields. Ya just never know when your gonna get the surprise of a lifetime. Good hunting out there.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me it's all about the field, random field walks can be quite dry, I got lucky with mine, it was a random field walk where I stumbled upon a 1800s homesite that I had no idea that was there, cool luck huh

Yep, it is, but I could stumble upon a 1800's homesite on a walk around my local schoolyard. AND.....the walk would be easier!! It's still about research.

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what I like about the sports field at the school I hunt, there's a mix of stuff and I won't have to attempt to break my neck high stepping over obstacles, every place has it's own set of difficulties, and rewards.

I'm putting in a request for warmer temps, less snow cover, and thawed ground, and time to hunt. Something's got to give! I know what my first find will be, a pop top and it will be great! I just may frame it!

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whadi, I am torn...I long for a good, ancient field like yours for which to hunt relics, but I don't see too many of them here in the mountains. So I waddle among the blades of freshly mowed fescue at the schools, parks, soccer fields, bravely answering questions from inquisitive children and deflecting the hard stares of the uninformed, judgmental adults as they secretly internalize their jealousy of my hobby. PS: Your padlock and button are nice finds! Sub 8-)

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You get my Banner Vote :thumbsup:

Gold'll come soon enough....:occasion14:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta go with cjon. My Grandfathers farm fields have given me so much, and like cjon, way in the back I found an old homestead area. I've got my first spanish reales there, a couple dozen LCs, an old percussion pistol, round balls, buttons, and on and on. Also thought I had found my first morgan, but after cleaning it up at home, it turned out to be a silver coin from Bolivia, dated in the early 1800s. Don't give up on the fields, just try them maby once every fifth or sixth time you go out, and try different fields. Ya just never know when your gonna get the surprise of a lifetime. Good hunting out there.

It's not for a lack of finds. I have found several surprises in my "career", enough for several lifetimes! The places have run the gamut of conditions. Everything from manicured mansion lawns to raw wooded lots. It stands to reason that farm fields would be key in uncovering treasures. They're a mostly untapped resource. Most of the history that lies beneath them has been forgotten by a people who are too busy living in the now.

But, these fields are tough to walk on, swing, dig, etc. It is a younger man's game. My hat's off to those as old and older than I who are able to do this regularly. I just gotta admit that I am not as able and if I'm to enjoy the time I have left, maybe keeping cornfields to a minimum is prudent. For me.

I'm not saying I "won't" go there anymore, just that I'm recognizing that the amount of work I'm putting myself through, for as long as I do, is just too much. I can still do that for a solid SIX hours straight! Most of my friends can't even walk for half that long! But, it does hurt and not just for a day or two. Takes a lot longer to recover now. And, for what? 10 lil bits of metal? A few bullets? A smashed button that MIGHT have been interesting if perfect? An old padlock? Three modern pennies? It just doesn't add up.

Relic hunters of the world? Don't fret! It just means more out there for you to find. ;)

creade

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
n.h.
Detector(s) used
DEUS,root slayer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with that 100%. Had that happen a few times. Great buttons there,I'd rather have them that a smooth copper anyday:happysmiley::thumbsup:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,