Yall lied to me... Lol

H

Holly_squirrel

" go ask permission to dig with a big smile on your face and nobody will tell a sweet girl no". Well guess what.... Your wrong:). I finally got the nerve to go to the county park... That I know is absolutely legal to detect ( my friends sister is a lawyer n detects there )..... And i walk in all smiles and friendly and ask and I get a grouchy ranger woman That snapped " No" . I started to say "oh, i'm sorry, I thought you could . I know someone....." And got cut off with a huffy sigh and a " No, you can't ". Lol. OMG I'm so mad, lol. I felt like saying "
I'm sorry, is there a male ranger I can ask? "

Last edited:
Upvote 0

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
find ya an old farm or home site just dont go alone take a friend with ya

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would ask a county official about park access and have them give you written permission or just have them call up roxy ranger and tell her the definition of public access. Good Luck!

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
" go ask permission to dig with a big smile on your face and nobody will tell a sweet girl no". Well guess what.... Your wrong:). I finally got the nerve to go to the county park... That I know is absolutely legal to detect ( my friends sister is a lawyer n detects there )..... And i walk in all smiles and friendly and ask and I get a grouchy ranger woman That snapped " No" . I started to say "oh, i'm sorry, I thought you could . I know someone....." And got cut off with a huffy sigh and a " No, you can't ". Lol. OMG I'm so mad, lol. I felt like saying "
I am so sorry to hear a nice sweet gal got the brush off. I am not trying to make an excuse for the lady ranger but she might have been intimidated by your pleasant personality. Some people do not like happy people or people they think get their way all the time. I would suggest you can pick up a BLM map from the Breau of land management for about $6. BLM land is public land where you can also file a claim for gold. The Dept. can give you a list of expired claims they can give you a print out of the public park areas you can metal detect, plus you will have on hand paperwork that will do the talking for you if "they" cause a tiff.
By the way you don't need a male ranger just the facts, written helps. Good luck and happy times to you in future search's.

bsloan

Jul 3, 2010
The heart of Aggieland
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
I would have thought that on the county website, there would be a list of rules for the parks. Or sometimes in the city, you have to go through the ordinances to find park regs.
Keep looking, I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for,

Best of luck,
Bill

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, check ordinance. If there is no rule then last thing you want to do is ask permission.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stop asking......

Read the rules for that park and the rules and laws for all county parks in the county you want to hunt, if there are no rules or laws posted against it then go.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

tin finder

Greenie
May 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I'm tin finder (Deiter) of Springfield, IL, and rest assured, I uh-specialize in folks' being unhappy with me: I focus on easements/ right-of-ways. Am working with an XLT for the past 2 yrs and have scored a substantial amt incl. 2 seat. lib dimes, 7 Walk. halves, c.5 Barber Qtrs, 15 Buffalos, 30 Ind.heads, 36 Mercs, and more. Have lost my wits @ being unsuccessful with gold, tho! You seem a sweetie, and with your being kinda pretty, it'd be cool if you could pick up on "going trailer" with folks that can't handle others trying to find what they can't even fathom trying.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

I thought it was the polite thing to do... To ask... But now I'm sorry I did. It makes me kinda mad, cause the majority of that county park is woods . Like it would matter if somebody dug a few holes in the woods n covered them back up. It's the perfect place for a relic hunter . There use to be an old iron blast furnace there in the 1800's and a few structures remain partially standing.... Now consumed by the forest. Add to that , that part of a very notable historic area use to stand on part of that land.... And it's a relic gold mine . And during the civil war Washington and his troops stayed stayed in that very area and had their guns repaired at tbe furnace and the entire area had to donate all their clock weights and such to make musket balls for the army, to be made at that very furnace. I don't have the nerve to go now , I don't think, since I been told no. I'm not good at confrontation. But I'm pissed, lol

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HollySnow

user-online.png
( my friends sister is a lawyer n detects there )

perfect. as her to take you with one day.

Being a Lawyer, I would guess she wouldn't keep her mouth shut, If approached :laughing7:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
how does it go
it's easier to ask for forgiveness than permission
I love that one
die your hair put on some fake scares find some taller shoes your in

liftloop

wainzoid

Bronze Member
Jan 29, 2007
morrisons cove = smell our dairy air
I tried to cut and paste a link here, but I haven't quite figured out how to use my tablet yet.

I googled chester county parks, read their regs, then went to 'full ordinances'.

It says you can detect with permit from parks department....I gotta run...check it out

I think it was reg "6c"

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I say go back disguised as a man. You should start practicing a gruff voice now.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Why would you go ask at a park you know it's legal to detect in? So much I want to say right now, but I'm going to go have a cup of coffee and relax instead.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

CoilyGirl said:
I say go back disguised as a man. You should start practicing a gruff voice now.

I'd make a very strange small man... Lol

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Jason in Enid said:
Why would you go ask at a park you know it's legal to detect in? So much I want to say right now, but I'm going to go have a cup of coffee and relax instead.

Because I had to pass the park office to get to the trail and to me, it seemed like the polite thing to do. I fully expected a "'sure. Go ahead, have fun"

Ism

Jun 17, 2009
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero
Whites TDI
Minelab Sovereign GT
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you ever feel the compulsion to ask about detecting in a public park when you haven't checked the rules, then ask if there are any ordinances that prohibit detecting.
Never ask permission, the answer will almost always be NO.

I'm trying to save you from a scolding by Jason....grin.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread