Yall lied to me... Lol

H

Holly_squirrel

" go ask permission to dig with a big smile on your face and nobody will tell a sweet girl no". Well guess what.... Your wrong:). I finally got the nerve to go to the county park... That I know is absolutely legal to detect ( my friends sister is a lawyer n detects there )..... And i walk in all smiles and friendly and ask and I get a grouchy ranger woman That snapped " No" . I started to say "oh, i'm sorry, I thought you could . I know someone....." And got cut off with a huffy sigh and a " No, you can't ". Lol. OMG I'm so mad, lol. I felt like saying "
I'm sorry, is there a male ranger I can ask? "

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Jason in Enid said:
There was no belittling tone other than what you wanted to infer. Tom was only explaining in greater (and POLITELY) what I would have said in a much more crass manner, which is why I didn't go into detail in my original response. Quit begging permission from people who have no authority to approve or deny it, especially as you said in your first post "you KNEW it was legal" yet you went begging anyway.

And if I "called you as I see you", I'd be booted off the board for language.

Jason if I had my way you'd be booted off the site for being a bigger Ahole than Tom could have ever dreamed of being. Did you not read my counties rules? It plainly states No Metal detecting without a permit. So apparently I did Not know the rules . And who is begging?

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jason if I had my way you'd be booted off the site for being a bigger Ahole than Tom could have ever dreamed of being. Did you not read my counties rules? It plainly states No Metal detecting without a permit. So apparently I did Not know the rules . And who is begging?

Lets try a little reading comprehension here Holly. In your first post, you stated that you knew it was legal to metal detect. Despite this "fact" you went and asked (begged, how ever you wish to call it) for permission from the first person you saw, even though you "knew" it was legal.

Now, because someone else did your work for you, you have discovered that metal IS LEGAL, you just have to get a permit. So apparently the person you begged permission from did EXACTLY what we have been saying for a long time. They will give a blanket "no" even when it is legal, or they have no idea if it is legal.

Sorry, you don't like have people tell you the truth, sometimes the truth hurts. But you are the only person here hurling insults at others.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

HollySnow said:

Read your last statement . I'm not the only one hurtling insults.... I'm just the one that isn't trying to hide the fact that I am indeed insulting you.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Calm Down everyone. this is a Learning place sometimes,
But not a wrestling Match :tongue3:

still very odd the ranger woman just said No ! Holly.
she should have asked you if you had a permit,
or told you you need one.
or perhaps she didn't know either

Sounds like she was having a bad day :laughing7:

Cool you know what to do now

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

jeff of pa said:
Calm Down everyone. this is a Learning place sometimes,
But not a wrestling Match :tongue3:

still very odd the ranger woman just said No ! Holly.
she should have asked you if you had a permit,
or told you you need one.
or perhaps she didn't know either

Sounds like she was having a bad day :laughing7:

Cool you know what to do now

Yes, yes I do. Unleash Tom and let him have at her;) I don't hold a grudge boys.... If I was actually angry, you'd know it. ( cause I'd be crying and stuttering:)

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So am i to understand there will be no wrestling involved...blah

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
glad I missed being in that one.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Tom it wasn't the advice and you know it. You know you replied in a way that conveyed your annoyance.. That's what I picked up on and that made me call you an A hole.... Lol. I'm over it, if you are:)

ok, yup, I'm over it, and sorry for the tone. Sometimes printed text is hard to convey tones and such. Ie.: capitalization (to enunciate a point), can be construed as shouting or be-littling, etc.. So ... sorry for coming down hard on you. It's as Jeff says: it's a place to learn and bounce ideas/thoughts around. And this is an interesting topic, that does merit the pro's and con's.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Knock,knock,knockin on peoples door. Looking better all the time. Oooo sing it!.
I sure do appreciate the local no holds barred park though. Others not as accommodating , still detectable though.

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
< knows how to make mud

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

Yeah , isn't that funny? Who woulda thought oneday there would be text shouting. Weird world we live in. Thanks for the understanding.

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember what I said in post #21 "AW...........OOOOOH". Hope this is settled (for now). Holly Gotta say your one spunky little girl, now take that thought and go find some of those places you've been showing us pictures of. When you get that shy, social anxiety feeling just recall the fire Tom spark and knock on that door. You go girl.

OP
OP
H

Holly_squirrel

hunter_46356 said:
Remember what I said in post #21 "AW...........OOOOOH". Hope this is settled (for now). Holly Gotta say your one spunky little girl, now take that thought and go find some of those places you've been showing us pictures of. When you get that shy, social anxiety feeling just recall the fire Tom spark and knock on that door. You go girl.

Yeah I got brass Internet balls ... Lol... Like how a camera adds ten pounds.... The Internet adds Bravado and sarcastic wit.... Put me in front of the screen and I'm a mildly entertaining mouse.... But behind it I'm a Force to be reckoned with... Lol

goldentruth

Nov 3, 2011
French Gulch, North Calif.
Detector(s) used
"WHITES" GOLDMASTER "GMT" & "TESORO GOLDEN SABRE II" with silent search.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well Hollysnow, Yesterday it happened to me, first time I was hastled! a dude yelled at me that I was on his friends claim whom was out of town. I knew the name of a claim nearby but a grinch-dude told me the claim is posted on the tree & he left. I packed up and found there was a Alum Sign with nothing posted! No name of Claim or Number. Today my friend who owns "Miners Catche" Here in Redding N. Calif. said if a claim is not posted, it's hard to fine you for tresspassing because he sells Certified accepted Federal Signs at his shop. Too bad there are grinches & trolls who make trouble. I was just minding my own business, (I posted this in the "metal detecting for gold section"), yesterday, Peace.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well I'm glad to wake up this morning and find out nobody has mud on their faces.:laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Soooo where were we :happy1: :tongue3:

Holly, you should have taken me up on my earlier offer; you would have been detecting now :laughing7:

Then again, trading barbs is sometimes so much more rewarding than metal detecting could ever be :tongue3:

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread