Yard Finds

core028

Dec 7, 2005
North West Tennessee
I've been on TN for some time and made a few posts but have yet to post any finds. i guess it time to start posting some of my finds since I've had time to do some detecting. I found these in my yard under a very large old oak tree. My house was built in 1934. Some of the older folks in my neighborhood have told me that my yard was a favorite of the neighboorhood kids. I have quite an unusual lot for an old historic neighborhood in the middle of town its 3 acres and every other lot in town is usually less than an acre. Well anyway back to my finds. I found a really cool looking toy tank, old junior G man Badge, 2 old game tokens, and several wheat's, along with other less interesting finds. I have several other sites to detect, some from the early to mid 1800's and hope to post some good finds from them when I get the chance to hunt.
Thanks ;D
P.S. If anyone has any info on the dates of these finds I please let me know. I think they would be from the 30's or 40's.

Attachments

• tn001.JPG
    tn001.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 678
  • tn002.JPG
    tn002.JPG
    61 KB · Views: 670
Upvote 0

shootist

Aug 5, 2006
The hills of central Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Explorer 2
Cool diggin,love finding old toys,means there were kids there and they are always losing stuff. Sounds like you have a great yard to hunt. I would try and get out and work all the other spots that become available to ya,the treasures in the yard will remain while the other spots could be sub-divisions and blacktop before you get them coverd. Your yard is the perfect spot to do your night hunting in....Shoot

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
C Two Eight,

nice finds.

Have the big area on your own property
is neat. When you get the feeling that
you just have to get out, but don't have
that much time, you got the place to go.

Again, nice, and hope to be seeing more
of your finds.

have a good un............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread