• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    614.9 KB · Views: 121

Tallone

Sep 4, 2013
In a gloomy castle on a lonely hill
Primary Interest:
Other
In the early days, the Coca-Cola company produced straight sided bottles with a label that looked like this. Unfortunately, this bottle has a painted label. If memory serves, the Coca-Cola company recently produced some replicas of their early bottles and I'm quite sure this is one of them. I don't think it has much value. If this were an original straight-sided Coke bottle with a paper label in this condition, the value would be through the roof.

A couple of years ago, I picked up an authentic old Coke straight-sided bottle (along with a bunch of other stuff) from an old warehouse. By the way, the faint purplish color is the result of the bottle being exposed to the sun for a LONG time.

DSC04362.JPG DSC04358.JPG DSC04361.JPG

I believe I sold that one for $45. If the lip wasn't chipped, it probably would have brought twice that.

Around the same time, I also bought some Coke paper labels that look like yours. I was going to post a picture of them but I can't find them. The old Coke printed labels had thin blue horizontal lines inside the diamond. Mine had those lines but they turned out to be reproductions and virtually worthless (I spent $25 for 4 of them). When I listed them, some Coke expert pointed out that, on the authentic labels, the blue lines were slightly uneven and had minute breaks in them as a result of the imprecise printing methods used in those days. In the modern reproductions, those lines are very consistent and even. Oh well, lesson learned. As they say, you have to pay for your education.

Last edited:

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The coke bottle says commemorative right on it. The milk glass looks like stuff made in the 60's-70's by Anchor Hocking. I don't really see anything special in the pile. It wasn't a bad deal for the money but for the most part it is all yard sale or flea market fodder.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread